Linux & Tech news 📰

Or it happened years ago and we’re already trapped :thinking: :scream:

2 Likes

KDE Plasma 5.25... .1 bug fix in the pipe;

6 Likes
5 Likes

Dropping now…

Also…Nvidia drivers;

The NVIDIA 515.57 driver is mainly for delivering a few fixes, mostly around NvFBC. NvFBC is NVIDIA’s approach for accelerated frame-buffer capturing for recording the screen contents such as when screencasting / game livecasting, etc. Aside from NvFBC fixes, this 515.57 Linux driver adds support for NvFBC direct capture to composite the mouse cursor onto frames.
The fixes overall are mostly modest but there is a Vulkan direct-to-display fix where prior releases would have problems driving more than four displays for a single Vulkan instance, which is now addressed.

And lastly…

5 Likes

A closer look at Thunderbird 102...

1 Like

Dropping like a hot pocket...

And, in the Linux Rumor Mill, I found this goodie interesting....

Gtk 5 might drop X11 support, says GNOME dev

5 Likes

Tech News about the massive git-hub hack! :scream:

1 Like

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

LatteDock (I love it !!!) has no maintainer for the moment. The dev needs to quit propably due to RL related things :sneezing_face: :sob:

Your beloved Latte has his own section in Garuda Linux Forum :grin:

3 Likes

It's also Dr460nizer's beloved Latte (Dock). Ba dum tss...

3 Likes

I'm glad to hear that @SGS :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love the dock in my Dr460nized Garuda

5 Likes

Interesting read. Outlines ways Microsoft OS and its MS Office contain security issues present in the 90's still there today, inherent in its design.

4 Likes

Linux 6.0-rc1 Released With Exciting Performance Optimizations, New Hardware Support

10 Likes

Krita 5.1 Released With JPEG-XL Support, XSIMD For Better Paint Performance ...

KDE Gear :gear: 22.08 has landed! The collection of KDE apps and frameworks brings improved touchscreen support for Elisa music player, barcode scanning for Itinerary travel assistant, multi-cursors for Kwrite and Kate text editors, and much, much, more.

And now for a bit of ugliness ...

7 Likes
5 Likes

Firefox 105 Beta Brings Memory Fixes, Two-Finger Swipe Back/Forward Gesture on Linux - 9to5Linux

Someone is envious of Gnome Web :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

The Dirsty Cred stuff is kinda mind boggling bad xD

I saw a good Video about it on Youtube the ddude has shown in the video how it works and that's possible to even script that sht :rofl:

I guess this has gotten Ultra High Priority on the Linux Kernel Team in the first split second

2 Likes

In a macro view, it would seem like an easy fix re the privileges, but maybe not.

1 Like

Evil Corp Google is now ramping up its efforts to thwart blocking extensions in Chrome with its move to Manifest v3

The introduction of Manifest V3 is just one example of that. With Google’s stronghold on Chromium development, all Chromium-based browsers face a tough decision: either follow Google’s lead and drop support for Manifest V2, or invest resources in keeping Manifest V2 supported. Manifest V3 changes core APIs that extensions have used for a long time. Especially privacy improving and content blocking extensions are impacted by this, and some have suggested that the change is a deliberate move by Google to strengthen its advertising business.

The move to Manifest V3 makes it more difficult to run content blockers and privacy extensions in Chrome. While some users may not notice a difference, users who use multiple extensions or add custom filter lists may run into artificial limitations set by Google.

8 Likes

I know that most of us will simply not care about this, furthermore probably a more official source will be needed. Anyway... I mean... :face_vomiting: Someone introduced the M$ :heart_hands: Linux logo. Really? Another way to sneak in and spread Edge?

8 Likes