Chaotic-AUR | Packages | Requests | Recompilation | Reports

That’s known as spreading FUD–fear, uncertainty and doubt. You state something with no facts attached. Do you want us to believe some thing of which you provide no proof? Did you really win that election, too?
:wink: :smiley:

Welp, I guess that was very uncertain I have to admit...
Just ignore what I wrote above lol

4 Likes

Well anyways, I'd like to request Tenacity or Audacium into the Chaotic AUR - I just need an audacity alternative

See above ^^^ solution.

7 Likes

I've had hours of Hell trying to build cuda-7.5 tonight, so this is a request to have it added to the Chaotic AUR. It should probably include gcc5 as well. I know it's a bit outdated, but even the Nvidia site calls my Quadro 1000m a modern GPU that utilizes cuda cores and 7.5 is the version it needs.

Anyway, I would positively love a little help with it. Thank you!!

cuda-7.5
gcc5

EDIT: I finally got these built, so yay, but saw no speed improvement in hashcat, so boo. Lol.

1 Like

See above Dave ^^^

4 Likes

a/k/a "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
~ HAL 9000

5 Likes

Just a note - (hopefully for clarification) while chaotic-AUR has many Garuda packages (and is a main repository for us) it predates the existence of Garuda, and contains other things as well. As such, only dev pkgs get added by Garuda - and direct requests to chaotic are required for things beyond that!

a chaotic-AUR mirror server
8 Likes

Could the firefox-esr-bin package selection be switched to firefox-esr ? The -bin version has a conflicts with Firefox.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, why do you run both FIrefox and firefox-esr? Testing?

Yes; also sometimes different browsers work better for different things.

10 Likes

Yes, its done :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Need to change this as well :blush:

4 Likes

I just published 2 software to the AUR that could be added to Chaotic-AUR

btw they're on the AUR but not yet showing up in Add/Remove Software, and I've ran garuda-update and paru ... how long until they show up so I can test the packages?

432hz Player
AUR package
Description

Powerliminals Player
AUR package
Description

10 posts were split to a new topic: Packages not showing in Pamac

I just got informed, that there is a new optional dep for kdenlive. Upon inspection, it seems like this package is available in both /community and the chaotic-aur repos.

The name of the package is noise-suppression-for-voice

3 Likes

Any chance of adding Hyprland - there are three package. hyprland,hyprland-git and hyprland-bin. Most of dependencies are already in the repo. (e.g: wlroots-git)

It's a relatively new Wayland compositor that is gaining traction. Pretty cool actually but lots of updates regularly so rebuilding just takes a while.

7 Likes

Any chance of adding Hyprland - there are three package. hyprland,hyprland-git and hyprland-bin. Most of dependencies are already in the repo. (e.g: wlroots-git)

oh my … saw a video of it from its dev on reddit…

oh my … so lovely !

btw… quick test, very fast, smooth and lovelly! Also some options already done, but probably isn’t nowhere as complete as sway for now. definitely will keep an eye on it.

the aur git PKGBUILD seems to be working well.

recommend creating also a waybar-hypr-git, with:

source=("${pkgname}::git+https://github.com/Alexays/Waybar"
        "waybar.patch")
sha1sums=('SKIP' 'SKIP')
prepare() {
    cd "${srcdir}/${pkgname}"
    patch --forward --strip=1 --input="${srcdir}/waybar.patch"
}

and waybar.patch:

diff --git a/include/factory.hpp b/include/factory.hpp
index 1e79bd7..fa36b00 100644
--- a/include/factory.hpp
+++ b/include/factory.hpp
@@ -1,5 +1,6 @@
 #pragma once
-
+#define HAVE_WLR
+#define USE_EXPERIMENTAL
 #include <json/json.h>
 #ifdef HAVE_LIBDATE
 #include "modules/clock.hpp"

So that waybar has the workspaces in hyprland

7 Likes

Adding this as soon as I have time. Rounded edges + blur was what I always missed on any window manager, definitely doing to test this!

8 Likes
1 Like