Chaotic-AUR | Packages | Requests | Recompilation | Reports

Hello everyone

I just want to tell that can we add the "kwin-effects-burn-my-windows-git" package to Chaotic-aur.

2 Likes

Is it ok if it is in the AUR instead?
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/kwin-effects-burn-my-windows-git

3 Likes

It is ok and I have installed it from AUR already.

Just thought that the effects of burn my windows are quite amazing. So if we could add it to the Chaotic-aur.

It is perfectly fine if we do not add it to Chaotic-aur.

4 Likes

will be added to repo soon

4 Likes

Oh that seems easy. :smiley:

I read quickly at the start of the thread, I am looking if there are any criteria a package must meet in order to be included in CHAOTIC?

no specific criteria is needed as long as it builds and is redistributable

6 Likes

And if it serves a cause, as in the user is found to actually use it :face_with_monocle: also bad PKGBUILDs using bad practices are also likely to be rejected :rofl:

4 Likes

Wow :hushed:

Now the package "kwin-effects-burn-my-windows-git" has been added to chaotic-aur.

Thank you everyone :kissing_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

We assume you’re maintaining it.

4 Likes

The package garuda-nvidia-config depends on nvidia-dkms but I want to use nvidia-open-dkms which conflicts with nvidia-dkms. To keep upgrading while preventing installation of nvidia-dkms I had to add IgnorePkg = nvidia-dkms to /etc/pacman.conf. Could you modify garuda-nvidia-config so it doesn't depend on nvidia-dkms?

Its makefile uses sudo to install stuff for some reason, which breaks the building process. We could patch it, but I’ve opened an issue at its GitHub instead.

Someone went ahead and created such a package yesterday :smiley:

Well we might add provides=(nvidia-dkms) to the open one, does it properly replace that package though?

4 Likes

Is there a specific reason you want this driver? It’s not ready for general desktop use-cases, so won’t work for the majority of people.

4 Likes

No, I can't do that, sorry. Would break the package.

5 Likes

Nvidia still didn’t patch this while open source drivers are patched downstream (by Arch Linux)

It’s not ready for general desktop use-cases

I only play a few games and open drivers work for that. It doesn’t even render the DE because I use optimus.

Well we might add provides=(nvidia-dkms) to the open one, does it properly replace that package though?

How are you going to do that? nvidia-open-dkms is not in AUR, it is in extra.

Oh, my bad. I thought it was on AUR :sweat_smile: guess the answer is indeed no then, as already pointed out by TNE :confused:

There are ways to force Pacman to do things you want, it’s absolutely not advised to do so however…

4 Likes

I have already gone that route :sweat_smile:

For those that were waiting, NoiseTorch is back! Feel free to reinstall :smile:

6 Likes

You've been mentioned, would like to switch this to neovide.

3 Likes

Hello :slight_smile: sry for disturbing, "calamares" and "reflector-simple" packages are missing in the chaotic repo, any chance to rebuild them, its since yesterday. Or maybe i have overviewed something. thank you for reading this team and community :slight_smile:

Calamares is present in Garuda repo as calamares-branding-garuda

Maybe, you should rather join and ask these questions on Chaotic AUR telegram group

5 Likes