What games do you play on Garuda?

Has anybody gotten Battlefield 2042 running? Does multiplayer work?

1 Like

Escape From Tarkov and Arma 3 here with a dash of Duskers, Gemcraft, Orcs Must Die 1 & 2, Poly Bridge, Torchlight 1 & 2...oh and RavenSuck...

GoG version of SimCity 4 Deluxe, smoothly running under Wine.

1 Like

Literally I have configured to the finest the garuda linux for my laptop for gaming, if you will play a game like dota 2 then still it will run smooth and will have individual core temp of 65 degree C only but unfortunately i don't have time to play any thing , so my little brother use to play games on it........ :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

After swaping out my RTX 2080ti for a Radeon VII due to driver issues, pretty much all games in my steam library work.

Anyways, not an exhaustive list but here are a few:

Horizen Zero Dawn
All the Tomb Raider games
All the Metro games
Resident Evil 2, 3, 7, etc
Dead or Alive 5, 6
Project Cars 2, 3
Pro Evolution Soccer 2020
Red Dead Redemption 2
Witcher 1, 2, 3
Portal
Talos Principle
Stelaris
Death Stranding
Hitman I, II, III
Cities Skylines
Cities XXL
Bioshock Infinite
Neir Automata
Nier Replicant
Borderland 1, 2, 3
Ori (all the games)
Mad Max
Alien Isolation
Devil May Cry
Assassin's Creed Odysee
Grid,
Marvel's Avengers
Oddworld
Crucible
Tropico 5, 6
Shadow Tactics
Sonic
Cyberpunk 2077
GTA V
Total War: Three Kingdoms
Xcom 2
World of Diving

For none steam,
All the old Need For Speed games
All the No One Lives Forever games
All the Sims games
SimCity 2013
and even Star Citizen before they just implemented EAC in 3.15.1. Even then, the EAC implementation actually works they just have a broken logic statement on the EAC Linux client where it is treating Code 0 (i.e. a working and valid EAC) as an error and actual EAC errors as valid entries.

So honestly, have no issues gaming on Garuda or any other Linux distro and have more than enough games playable on Linux.

My experience has shown me the biggest issue is the GPU you have AMD/Mesa drivers are just better for gaming on Linux than Nvidia's drivers. So you're more likely to have issues if you have Nvidia GPUs than AMD GPUs. However that is an Nvidia corporate decision not to play nice with Linux desktop issue than a hardware issue. Nvidia cards are great CUDA compute work on workstations running Garuda. Haven't really tested the AMD pro drivers for OpenCL and ROCm yet to compare.

5 Likes

Hey everyone, I dont play modern games like cyberpunk 2077 because my pc is a potato(it has 4gb ram and opengl 2.1[doesnt support garuda linux system requirements]), recently bought a new computer which has

AMD Ryzen 3 2.6 Ghz
8 GB RAM

I play some old playstation games using pcsx2

I play:
God Hand
God of War 2
ZombsRoyale
Krunker
Battle for wesnoth(my favourite since my old pc)
There is no game (with Proton)

2 Likes

Finally got Steam to download RDR2 without crashing too many times. The game runs amazingly well even on my hardware. Steady 60 frames on low settings at 2560x1080 and around 40-50 frames at 3440x1440. Performance was much worse on windows.

1 Like

Terraria, my absolute all-time-favorite game (as you can tell by my profile picture) :smile:

2 Likes

Resident Evil 2
CrossCode
Rise of the tomb Raider
2033 Metro Redux

Cities Skyline
XCOM 2
Star Citizen
CS GO

1 Like

Great games.

1 Like

Hmm I'm playing:

• KCD (KingdomCome Deliverance + DLCs)
  • EuroTruck Simulator (+ DLCs) OOB
  • Satisfactory OOB
  • Scum (no Multiplayer b/c of this silly AntiCheat Malware) OOB
  • Subnautica and Subnautica BZ OOB
  • Supreme Commander (Forged Alliance) OOB
  • FrostPunk
  • No Man's Sky OOB
  • Age Of Empires 2 Definitive Edition OOB
  • Anno 1800 (+ all DLCs and season passes) OOB
  • TuxRacer LOL OOB (native game ^^)

All of these games are working. Just minor issues at Supreme Commander, I don't get it why the main menu has about 1 fps xD (just the main menu every other menu or in ingame it is flawless).
As noted, the AntiCheat isn't supported on Linux, knowing how this crap works I wouldn't have bothered to install/activate it on Windows as well. Therefore no real difference here for me. And Satisfactory has implemented the Vulkan Engine anyways so I have no trouble there.
For Kingdom Come I had to chose the right Proton version for my Lutris, then it worked very well, like with FrostPunk. Which gave me menu and overlay glitches at the wrong version.

2 Likes

GTA V
Battlefield 1
Battlefield 4
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3
Ghost Recon
Operation Flashpoint
Metro Redux 2033
Spec Ops: The Line

1 Like

Can't play Warzone any more using a VM with GPU passthrough. It's probably because of the anti cheat they use, which is supposed to be kernel level. Such a shame. It was the only FPS game worth playing with friends online.

But on a positive note... now that that game is no longer playable, no need to boot into windows. All other games play well on Linux. :slight_smile:

PONG-screenshot-Atari-1973-the-game-of-table-tennis-is-reduced-and-abstracted-to-the

6 Likes

Liar :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

League of Legends seems to be running on Garuda thanks to this Lutris Script.

Still downloading, haven't tried actual gameplay yet. UI is a bit slow so I enabled Low Spec Mode.

I suck at LOL! :sweat_smile:

EDIT: Crashes after champ selection when the game start countdown ends.

1 Like

You just defeated one of the main reasons to use Linux, LOL doesn't work :rofl:
Jokes aside, did it work?

The main game im playing on Garuda is Minecraft, performance is better than on other distros. I have to check out more games!

1 Like
  1. New World
  2. 7 days to die
  3. Ark Survival Evolved
  4. Arma 3
  5. Space Engineers
  6. Mass Effect: Andromedia
  7. Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  8. X Foundations
  9. Dark and Light
  10. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Garuda is the only distro that i've been able to play these games without to much configuration. They do a amazing job with the gaming edition and looking forward to linux gaming in the future..

6 Likes

You just defeated one of the main reasons to use Linux, LOL doesn’t work :rofl:

I know exactly what you mean. It’s proprietary as hell and owned by Tencent.

Jokes aside, did it work?

Nope, it goes as far as champ selection. After the countdown stops it crashes.

But my brother gave me some word of advice to rather leave it.

Xonotic looks interesting.

2 Likes