What games do you play on Garuda?

Latest World of Warcraft as of late. Blizzard Games work quite well. Love native Linux games just for some retro style gaming time. Lutris does most of the hard work for me. I'm old and laid back so you won't see any "Hard-core" gaming from me. I'm still having fun with freecell, 5-in-a-row, and old "Rogue" Dungeon stuff. Any chance anyone knows how to get Roblox up and running on an Arch-based Linux? I haven't figured that one out yet.

2 Likes

Guild Wars 2
Ghost Recon Wildlands

That's about it. Waiting for the new Far Cry.

2 Likes

Currently: League of Angels III with Le Russia.
PM me if you want a promo code.

2 Likes

I just started playing Elder Scrolls Online

2 Likes

what in the actual hell, 128 gb ram and a titan card? machine learning? are you teaching your machine to beatbox

3 Likes

Hi there! Iā€™m very sensitive to this topic, since itā€™s my last ring of the chain before wiping my windows partitionā€¦
Iā€™ve recently discovered that finally the ā€œbugā€ (actually a feature?) which made Roblox incompatible with Wine (thatā€™s a blasphemy for me :wine_glass: :grinning:) since 2015 was removed (and it was a one line commit!!!).
I struggled to have it working with Wine, but it installs and starts smoothly with grapejuice (available in the AUR).
The performance seems OK (comparable with windows).
Iā€™m only suffering of a strong mouse lag.
After that commit, they found a bug related to a system freeze after certain mouse actions, which was immediately fixed (and such fix is automatically included via grapejuice).
Iā€™m still at the window ( :frowning:) waiting for a further fix. Iā€™ll try every now and then.
But Roblox is back on Linux!
Ref. last paragraph here and relevant tutorial for grapejuice and details:

3 Likes

Have you managed to get gw2 taco to work? I've given up trying for now. The game itself works well though DirectX11 SwapChain creation failed / DxgiFactory::CreateSwapChainForComposition: Not implemented - Lutris (#55) Ā· Issues Ā· Namo Ninja / gw2taco_linux Ā· GitLab

League of Angels 3 - play League of Angels 3 for free | MY.GAMES Store

PM me if you want a promo code. Or visit my vk.com profile.

Has anyone tried downloading & playing the Nintendo Switch Emulator Yuzu on Garuda Linux or the Spine PS4 Emulator? Or do you have any equivalent emulator for both that runs fine on an old laptop (HP Elitebook Folio 1040 G3, Intel Core i7-6500U with Intel HD Graphics 520, 2.6 GHz, up to 3.4 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 4 MB cache)?

The laptop is not exactly for gaming, but just wanted to know possibilities if I can emulate a PS4 or even a Switch.

Badly need to play Metal Gear Solid PS4 games (Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes), or Death Stranding.

minecraft, always works without a problem :smiley:

1 Like

The first emulator is already available to download in Garuda Gamer app, I wonder why the second one is not there yet. But I'm afraid that games like the ones you mentioned need a beefy external GPU.

Because I didnā€™t knew it.
Only apps that I know are in gamer app

If I donā€™t know a utility it wonā€™t be in gamer app.

3 Likes

Now you do :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

TG and intercraft on minecraft

1 Like

Rust :smile_cat: . On garuda i have 30% more fps, than in windows. And i use EAC bypass exploit.

2 Likes

Yeah. I never get it work to and yes GW2 is running so well even better than when I play it on windoze

2 Likes

My games that work perfect on Garuda:

1. GTA 5 Online: I mod, so I get banned a lot; and probably won't play for a long while.

2. Elite Dangerous 

3. Metal Gear Solid V: I LOVE & HATE THIS GAME...
  1. Death Stranding should work according to proton DB.
    I will test it later this evening; last time it crashed, a lot.

Edit:

Death Stranding does not work; I press play, and it crashes before it starts every time.

Hardware:

NVIDIA RTX (2070),
Intel I7 9th Gen,
16 GB RAM,
512 GB SSD,

BTW, Garuda is all around the best distro; yes I have used vanilla arch but this community + distro is exceptional and extremely underrated for what it offers out of the box!

Nothing but love to the devs! @garuda-team

6 Likes

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: , but must be @garuda-team :smiley:

and

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much, I edited it!

1 Like

I'm playing some old-school games right now:

1. Diablo 2
  2. Heroes of Might and Magic 3
  3. Quake