Off Topic Chit Chat - (Silliness factor 5)

I have removed that very long time ago :eyes:
hmm… But I see that while making g-Hyprland an optional script it got there again, you just need remove europe/berliin line , that’s enough :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for pointing out that :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m using a fresh installation of the december iso, and many things are stock, without g-hyprland… that is why we are seeing different things.

edit: for example on the .local/bin/garuda-locale.sh script i’d change things with the following

#!/bin/bash
# .local/bin/garuda-locale.sh

localectl > /tmp/garuda-locale.txt

cat /tmp/garuda-locale.txt | grep Keymap > /tmp/keymap.txt

locale=$(cat /tmp/keymap.txt | awk '{ print $3 }')

##sed -i "/kb_layout =/c\kb_layout = $locale" .config/hypr/hyprland.conf
sed -i "/kb_layout =/c\kb_layout = $locale,gr" .config/hypr/hyprland.conf

timezone=$(cat /etc/timezone)

sed -i "s|Europe/Berlin|$timezone|g" ~/.config/waybar/config

To add my greek/hellenic keyboard layout, and also dynamically change the Europe/Berlin with what ever the user has, in my case Europe/Athens

If there are newer things, i’m not able to see and not implement things that are already fixed on dev instead of prod… :-/

2 Likes

About that, please attached insta post :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

What does this mean? Is this the mariadb mysql confusion all over again?

1 Like

It means half of the two-member development team left.

Source code:
https://freenginx.org/hg/nginx

1 Like

what about the fork?

If the most prevalent devs leave for their own repo, will they hire to fill the void? CAN they even find equivalent talent as a replacement? Who knows where it will go, but this isn’t going to go unnoticed.

Wouldn’t say that I expect it to be this way, probably closer to OpenOffice vs LibreOffice after a while, but who knows–it’s still fresh news! If we’re lucky there will be some sort of parity.

Could be related to F5 being against a Russian employee?

For now, it seems equivalent. Time will tell more

5 Likes

Ooh, so its actually much more deeper… :sweat_smile:
Curious to see what will unfold though… thanks for the explanation

1 Like

Hey, Mr. tbg, why the censorship? Don’t be childish, sir… You seeing Manjaro is like you seeing a snake.
Why was the Manjaro news regarding them partnering with hardware manufacturers removed?
It was just some news. It is always nice to know what others are up to.

1 Like

Maybe, He wouldn’t have done it intentionally but some peoples might be too much attached to manjaro that they reported your post, so he have to remove that stuff . :thinking:

Just a thought from my side
1 Like

Because we don’t write anything negative about other distributions here doesn’t mean that we have to advertise or allow them here in the forum.

When I also consider how many posts they have deleted from me and others, possibly because we started Garuda, then this reaction was all too understandable. :smiley:

7 Likes

Point noted…
I didn’t mean to advertise them. Look, I came to Garuda from Manjaro 3 years back, cause you know… I don’t need to explain… :wink:

tbg, I wasn’t being serious in the above post. I intended to have a friendly tone. You know, sometimes you don’t get the right connotations in chats. I should have added a smiley.

:smile:

4 Likes

Smileys mean a lot and I don’t know what half of them mean
:sweat_smile:
Like these: :melting_face: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

For me :
:sweat_smile: : Best describes me
:melting_face: : okay but not okay
:upside_down_face: : Yeah, I know this st,but I won’t give a f to look at it

4 Likes

:joy: :joy: Never knew about the turf wars :joy: honestly I chose Garuda because of the logo. :rofl: Its always the simple things that turn me on :joy:, “like a woman farting”

Garuda (2.6.23-1):
  System install date:     2022-01-22
  Last full system update: 2024-02-11

Longest I have been with a distro btw :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

Talking about phones here (because most of us chat on phones, come on), I’m that guy who knows how to install Custom ROMs, how to clean your android phone to get more storage, which developer settings to play with… basically more than my friends do, but I don’t know basic things!
Until two months ago I didn’t know where the “Mobile Hotspot” setting lives! :rofl:
IT’S EMBARRASING!!

1 Like

Only three years ago, so late. I think I’ll be gone by the end of Nov. 2019. For reasons.
So over 4 years ago. :smiley:

2 Likes

Are you serious ?? :sweat_smile:
then how are you using linux :grinning: ??

:joy:phones have gotten a lot more tougher this days :face_holding_back_tears:android brands now be copying the apple ways, where we have to wait for an exploit to actually install custom ROMS. :rofl: Or I am just stupid and brick phones.

1 Like

IF THAT’S NOT ENOUGH…
I’ve never used the Selfie camera on my phone
:no_mouth: