My Own Garuda Linux Version

Stop chat posting.

2 Likes

You try should write all your content in one post.

Also, you can edit your post till nobody has posted.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Please cite sources. Iā€™m interested in reading about it.

1 Like

The main problem IMHO is that some users donā€™t want to learn anything new. Garuda is a super advanced distribution (for both new users and not), although it is perfect for new users who want to learn but I wouldnā€™t recommend it for people looking for a completely out of the box system.

In the long run you must learn something or youā€™re going to have some issues. So the real problem is the approach. Itā€™s Linux, not Windows. As a new user you should want to know new things, otherwise your experience is going to be painful and useless.

I never thought to Garuda as a bloated distro and I come from Slackware :slight_smile:
Everything is there for a purpose, you just need to know why but you canā€™t do that if you donā€™t go deep through the system and learn how it exactly works.

You said that removing things has broken your system. Well, thatā€™s why those things are there. You know what I mean? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Here's what I'd attempt:

https://alci.online/build-on/

It's a basic Howto on building an Arch Linux Calamares Installer image, using Garuda

10 Likes

see sir i want to see garuda growing because it is the first distro of linux i liked the most and many people have only 4 gb of ram when i did a survey on internet so to suit their nneds we have to make a distro that is lightweight less ram consuming and cpu consuming without effecting its appererce so i make iit more simpler
why its is perfect for beginners
1: it looks alike windows
2: it has some useful apps such as i removed mpv and replaced it with vlc
3: it is free
in india when microsoft did a survey how many people used pirated windows it counted upto 65%
piracy is a wrong thing we shall not do that
my pc which has garuda linux in it has a proble i am trying to fix the problem as soon as problem fixes i will post the iso
i am not forcing you but i want the garuda project to continue and i want to collabroate with you
waiting for your reply
sorry for any typos

Where? What was your survey pool? Where are the results? How many were surveyed? Can you post a copy of the survey, Iā€™d be interested in taking it.

Why do we have to? Thereā€™s already a lot of distros who fit this? Why do you want Garuda to be like so many others? Whatā€™s wrong with NOT appealing to everyone? Maybe the goal of Garuda is not to be #1 on distrowatch, and just be the best Garuda Linux possible?

11 Likes

We not

No, librewish and me want the opposit.

OMG

VLC good times are over

You canā€™t forcing us. We want stop the Garuda style.
As I wrote, make your own Distribution.

11 Likes

We don't want to stop the Garuda style. :wink:

8 Likes