Make dragonized more blue ๐Ÿ˜‰

Make dragonized more blue :wink:

I would like to be able to program :slight_smile:

And what looks like nothing here has cost me some โ€œtimeโ€ of my life, because I have zero idea about KDE.

Most of the time I was looking for where these pink things come from and where these colours are stored :wink: .

Then I recoloured the dragonized to my taste.

Now all thatโ€™s missing is a correct tutorial :slight_smile:
(if the rest I made is usable :smiley: )

Would be nice if someone would be interested and could point out my mistakes. :smiley:

Check my configs and svg file for more blue.

15 Likes

Nice! Will try at home in a bit.

Update: successfully installed, and I this is definitely one of my favorite KDE colorschemes now! Great work.

I would just change the last line of the cl instructions to ./make-dragonized-blue and also clarify that the script will ask for a sudo privileges.

That's all I got!

3 Likes

No mistakes found. It's always the artist' interpretation, and I'll not second-guess.

That being said...(you know this was going to happen)...I do not care for the Plastik window decoration. It's an individual taste. And I've been trying to find something other than what the Sweet yields. Square like yours, but flat and some color to the min/max/close buttons, but I cannot find any that I like. Plastic does come the closest so far. :sigh:

But I like everything else.

regards and no offense

3 Likes

Thank, you for the test. So I can publish to the rest of the world :slight_smile:

I like to move it, move it โ€ฆ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I also tried, looks good, it was just what i needed.

but the script was not working as it didnt find a root user as my username was vinay007 so i changed $USER to username and it worked.
Dont know if it was my fault or anything(im a newb)

2 Likes

Try in Terminal

โ•ญโ”€sgs@i3 in ~ 
 โ•ฐโ”€ฮป echo $USER
sgs

Maybe it must better explained in gitlab? :thinking:

But nice if you like it and found your solution :slight_smile:

1 Like
echo $USER
vinay007

Just tried it so much better the colors now :smiley:
You might want to change the script to $SUDO_USER so it finds home/'user' not home/'root' unless this is just a test before its incorporated into garuda

3 Likes

I was told earlier today that I am doing this a bit awkwardly and that there will be a simpler solution later in the garuda-assistant.

And thatโ€™s the beauty of the forum and the team, there are always new ideas that can be improved and refined.

On my computer was also not $USER but sgs in the script and I have not noticed that it comes to the problem :woozy_face:

6 Likes

I got something* help from @dalto and rebuilt the script.

The simpler solution will probably come later. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

* means in real live, a lot of help :smiley:

just tried it doesnt work :smiley:

1 Like

Make PR (MR) :smiley:
Did I forget to push ???

ok i will check again :smiley:
It returns this script must run as root :smiley: even as root

1 Like

your first script was fine all you needed to do was change

cp /home/$USER/make-dragonized-blue/SGSBlue.colors /home/$USER/.kde4/share/apps/color-schemes/SGSBlue.colors

to

cp /home/$SUDO_USER/make-dragonized-blue/SGSBlue.colors /home/$SUDO_USER/.kde4/share/apps/color-schemes/SGSBlue.colors
1 Like

It is a risk to use one script for root and $USER, I can't explain nicely.

So it's just an ugly hack, not well done, but the idea is great :slight_smile:

So I wait for pull or merge requests :smiley:

1 Like

Thats not true as you are not elevating the the user,he is already elevated. sudouser just finds out who ran sudo! the script is all ready running as root so!!!! :wink:
There are better ways of doing what you want! but hay :smiley:

2 Likes

A true saying:
Cobbler stick to your last.

Let's paint :smiley:

3 Likes

Line 19 is broken syntax error

1 Like

I changed back and return and fix things in the last 5 minutes,
now that was my last edit :slight_smile:

I accept now, only pull / merge requests :smiley:

1 Like