How to replace ubuntu/other installed linux with Garuda linux in a dual boot system?

I have been using Ubuntu alongside with Windows 10 for 3 years and wanted to try Garuda Linux.
I want want to erase Ubuntu and install Garuda in it’s place, in other words I want to install Garuda alongside with Windows.
Usually while installing other linux distros like Kali, Xububtu, etc I would some options like:

• Erase Windows and install DISTRO_NAME.
  • Erase Ububtu and install DISTRO_NAME.

But in Garuda Installer’s UI a little bit confusing for me. I’m seeing the option to erase disk option here but It’s asking me to select a partition. Similar is the case with replace partition option.

So my question is if I choose my “Ubuntu partition”, will it automatically replace the “Ubuntu swap” and “grub boot loader” with new ones? If no, will I need to uninstall Ubuntu and uninstall the grub from “EFI” first and then install Garuda?

I also checked this thread but I couldn’t get the solution.

Imgur

Read

please

and
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Use the manual partitioning option and tell the installer exactly what you want (i.e. which partitions to reuse and which to leave alone), and install GRUB as normal.

4 Likes

You are probably misunderstanding drive with partition. It should ask for a drive and erases completely (all partitions inside).

I am not sure, but probably not (it is technically almost impossible).
But you can do those yourself easily after installation.

No.

No.

3 Likes

Yeah it didn't removed the grub, had to remove the ubuntu from "EFI" manually but I finally got Garuda installed. Thank-you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.