GoXLR not working

Do we need more? Really?

And a whacko.

1 Like

So I need to passthrough my interface into vm right?

Yes, or dual-boot to Windows (so long as that doesn't reset power to the USB), yes.

Though I don't know why it needs Windows to initialize the device, maybe it's some telemetry thing :woman_shrugging:

No you just need to do that when/if it loses power and needs to be set up...however if it's NEVER been set up yet...then yes. heh

It's not so much an initialize as it is a set up with the proprietary drivers/control software. Kinda like how you'd use a bs software package to set up a gaming mouse then save to the mouses memory...only the mouse can remember if it loses power, this unit forgets.

I'm here spying on you guys, but of late the wokes have got to most forums and every time I post i get reported so i keep shut most of the time, Some still resent me for being friends with Carl One of the best Devs ever at Manjaro.

1 Like

@mandog, hello and nice to meet you. Trust me I keep waiting for a slap on the wrist. Despite being very conscious of watching my language etc.

Please, use chitchat or some other off-topic thread. Keep hijacking this dudes :frowning:

Carl certainly is/was one-of-a-kind, up to a point. But there's no such thing as a stable genius. Unfortunately.

Hijackish, I replied to him to keep it on topic heh. Though he kinda vanished as soon as he asked the question. I'm really hoping we can get this damn thing working.

You are right. No real solution solutions, yet, so I agree to shut the hell up. :smiley:

I wish the OP would less shut up he i.e. he's been quiet but I wish he was more active to know what's going on. I was hoping to wake up today and find he'd got the last bit working and he was gold. It was sooo close when I crashed.

Speaking of @Zentriks how long have you had this interface? What speakers or headphones do you have on it?

After all these messages I'm kinda lost rn :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Its nice to see a bit of wit on a forum again, Me and @cOOter used to liven the manjaro forums up . I would love to see those days return but some users seem to think its a sin to rib each other up.
I would hate to have to go to work again god it must be so depressing to not be able to have a laugh and joke any more.

3 Likes

Sorry man,

Check the questions I just dropped and feel free to get us back on track, I'd really like to see this through. I'm sure cooter and crispy have noticed by now Linux audio is kinda my go to war topic :wink:

1 Like

I can see audio playing in the audio menu. No sound what so ever. I passed it through the VM, got sound. But I won't pass it throug the vm again bc my ears hurt rn. Fcking high tones. I got it working once in Vanilla Arch but I don't know how anymore

What speakers/headphones do you have on it?

KRK Rokit 5 G4 and Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 250 ohm

OK so "both" heh. So this might be a stupid question BUT it must me asked...have you tried with JUST the speakers? I ask because depending on how the device is seen Alsa may auto mute with the headphones in. IT should only auto mute the speakers but just trying to cover bases because I mean it shows signal going to it...should be putting out audio somewhere.

Yes I already tried that