GoXLR not working

THAT'S IT! THAT IS WHERE I RECENTLY HEARD ABOUT THAT INTERFACE! heh It was that stupid LTT switch video I couldn't watch hahaah.

@Maynne I'm not sure how far Linus got with his but like I said I've got it showing in Alsa and Pulse and signal is being sent to it so I'm hoping when the OP pops back in we might actually get it to work if for nothing outside just audio to his speakers.

Linus S. worked around it with a Windows VM, which in my book is cheating. GoXLR is stupid in itself, as it need to be reconfigured everytime it was shutdown. Which means it has no feature to save settings lol

GoXLR is a "for Windows-only" product, let's all get over it. Even the Mac platform is not supported.

1 Like

Yeah when I saw the thread wasn't about kernel issues but rather the audio interface I went and looked at it. On the product page the user reviews are like nothing but people saying "What idiot makes an audio interface Windows only!?"

I still have a modicum of hope given my interface isn't vendor supported either.

What about the first time you connected the device? Or when it suspends? Orā€¦ ?

Unless you have wake from USB enabled there is a chance the ports won't always be feeding power to devices. Plus power outtages (unless you have a decent UPS) and various other fun things will mean you will at least need a VM with Win for the initial set up or re-loading of said set up if one of those events happen. I'd go VM so you don't have to fool with rebooting all the time. Which is all a fancy way of saying @jonathon is right and even if you've already had it in Win and set it up you will need something on hand for changes or re-initialization.

1 Like

Not really, could just use a powered USB hub, or a USB battery pack that's also a hub.

How would you use that unless they had passthroughs. Other wise you always have power but no audio ;lp

They have passthroughs... some do.

I've never seen a powerbank with a pass through. Powered USB hub is by nature a passthrough which would work...so long as the power didn't go out ;p

I'm almost certain I saw one a couple-few years ago on a tech channel.
Having the hub plugged into even the smallest UPS would be sufficient for all but the biggest power-outages (unless they plugged a load of other stuff in too).

Yeah that would work but now we're getting into stupid territory. If he's going to buy a UPS he might as well go buy a decent supported audio interface :wink:

As my ex loved to say:
"Why not both".

1 Like

And that's why they're your X ZING!

OP is going to come back and be like WHAT THE FU HAS BEEN GOING ON!?

2 Likes

@anon26187667, @anon92996653, I think @mandog and I can safely retire as forum whackos and hand over the keys to you both. Good luck, and may your reign be painless. :laughing:

2 Likes

I WILL REIGN TACO SUPREME! :wink:

(again with the stupid body is unclear is it a complete sentence)

1 Like

So with me being new and all, I've not seen this @mandog. Is he on the deluxe AFK? heh Also how are you guys the whackos, you seem pretty normal to me...but I guess If I'm a whacko then my normal is whacko and I can't tell a normal normal...but how do I know if I'm a whacko or a normal? What if I am a normal and ... (INSERT EXTRA GOTO 10 JOKE)

2 Likes

:triumph:
Why not just moar whackos? Whacko's revolt and take over all the thingsĀ¬

1 Like

Agreed we need to stick together. That said I denounce the whacko title, I'm just passionate and crabby :wink:

1 Like

@mandog's here, just quieter nowadays. We've known each other for a minute or two, and we were kinda known for our banter when we both inhabited the Manjaro forums. We've both seemed to mellow a bit since the last time their forum crashed and burned (I've not even been back to visit), and we started enjoying the Garuda forums and found a lot of our friends had also moved here.

I say "we" but I'm only truly speaking of myself. @mandog may have a different perspective.
:wink:

1 Like

Heh, yeah so far this is a lot like my BeOS days. It's nice. Also nice I've been able to kick so many problems ars35 for people thus far. Sadly still working on my biggest problem, DE's and sadly no one has any help to toss back yet heh.