GoXLR not working

You need to switch from Pipewire to Pulseaudio.
This can be done in the Garuda-Assistant, SystemComponents.

What the knock on effects of that would be, I don't know, I've had not reason to switch. I was hoping @anon92996653 would help you out, as this is one of his favourite topics, but he's apparently too busy rambling to himself.

ramble ramble ;p There should be no issues unless he's planning on using something like OBS which now forces Pipewire. Just uninstall Pipewire and watch everything magically work heh.

In all seriousness the core is still alsa. You will most likely want to check alsamixer (which I asked what yours said many comments ago)

Once you have alsamixer set for your interface THEN you can move to the pulseaudio stuff and if you have latency needs then we can talk using jack.

So PA and OBS don't work well together?
Installed Linux 5.15 or so, updated grub-config and coulnd't boot into it. Doesn't even show up. And I get some other choice with nvme02p or something like that. Reverted back to only Zen-Kernel for now.
@anon92996653 How can I check alsamixer?

OBS used to work fine with pulse but the OBS authors have now forced that you have/use pipewire. Seriously dissapointing to me for much larger topics than this but yes if you need OBS we will have to work around Pipewire.

Open a terminal and type alsamixer. If you get ye olde command not found sudo pacman -S alsa-utils

At the moment I don't rly need OBS. Doing my A-Level this year in Germany so I don't have that much time for streaming. Used Ubuntu before and at that time I hadn't this setup. Want to dual-boot Linux again to get further away from windows.

OK well then nuke pipewire :wink: Well OK first make sure you have the alsa-utils and check alsamixer. F6 to choose the audio interface.

I peeked the GoXLR script on github, seems pretty straight forward.

As another detail you said you don't know which nVidia driver you need, there is really only 2. Current and your card is too old for current and you're forced to use the crappy FOSS nouveau. Which is a fancy way of saying which gen is your card? I think newer than 9XX cards will run on current. Older will be an issue.

I can't upload an image. Device says pipewire. Chip pipewire as well. Thougt I got rid of it.

Once does not simply get rid of pipewire :wink: Did you kill all the pipewire processes running after removing it? (duh I went up and looked at your sys dump, running a 1060 nVidia current 495.44 is what you need)

Nope. Pipewire -k or kill pipewire?
Canā€™t reply anymore because Iā€™m new to forum

Tried killing it but seems like it just keeps running. Do have discord so that I can share my screen

Seems like pipewire is still showing up in alsamixer. GoXLR Mini is there as well but I canā€™t configure it

@nPHYN1T3 thought would be easier
What should I do next? Kernel 5.15 Zen btw @nPHYN1T3

E: [pulseaudio] pid.c: Daemon already running.
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: pa_pid_file_create() fehlgeschlagen. (failed)

nPHYN1T3: I replied on the post but what did you run to get the daemon already running? I mean it should be heh. What does the pulse settings (pavucontrol) say ? You should for continuity but it looks like youā€™re about good just click on the last tab CONFIGURATION and disable the HDMI stuff and it should then default to the GoXLR. You can also set it as the default if you want to leave the HDMIā€™s as possible outs for later but easier to just disable them so everything goes to the GoXLR for testing.

nPHYN1T3: Ok I disabled it. Still no sound.
OK so if now you just have the GoXLR in your configuration and outputs play something using a new instance of whatever application you are playing with. Also note my comments from the thread where I asked make sure you have the 5.15 booted and that grub didnā€™t default back to the LTS when you booted.

Still running 5.15.5 zen. I can see audio is running but I canā€™t hear anything.

If you can see it but donā€™t hear it that is often a sign the application is sending to a dead/stale instance. At this point if pipewire is gone and youā€™ve got the onboard and hdmi disabled you could logout and back in or reboot just to let things come up clean
I gotta crash but this is close, alsa sees it, pulse sees it, signal should be sent to it. Try to toss things from this into the main thread in order so it can be made sense of and Iā€™ll check the thread when I get up to see if you got it. Plus you should be able to post soon enough but if not just fill in the gaps with that second account.

Iā€™ll just edit. Still no sound

Till now not run script from Git. When you reply Iā€™m probably in school (CET) so I will look in the afternoon.

@jonathon Itā€™s powered by my USB Port. It never turns off. So I donā€™t rly need to boot into windows.

just open your task manager and nuke anything pipe wire
then maybe issue a pulseaudio -k so it can take over.

However if alsamixer when you hit F6 doesn't list the GoXLR we've got more low level stuff to contend with yet. Like which kernel are you in now? You WILL need the 5.15 for both the GoXLR and the nVidia drivers.

He'S DeAD I KEELD HIM!
Keep "replying" in your "Nope. Pipewire -k or kill pipewire?" post.

Created this acc so I could ask if you have discord for screensharing

No but look here

Lol wasn't it allowing you to just edit old posts anymore?

No comically I just tried to set up a DisWhored account recently and found a massive catch22 with their system they won't fix and means I can't use it heh.

It still allows me to but no screenshot upload...

Why do you need to share your screen?

Well he ded.

Na no one needs to see, just need you to say what's going on. So if you have the 5.15 kernel (make sure you booted it and grub didn't default to the LTS) let me know what pulse says for an output. Alsamixer might not show the controls due to the nature of the device with it's faders and just assumes unity all the time.

I strongly suspect nothing is going to work well here:

If itā€™s the case that each and every time you power on the device you need to connect it to Windows you might as well just use Windows. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

That's quitter talk and no one powers off these days :wink: ;p

Plus I got things damn near working...this should be on the home stretch as Alsa now sees it, Pulse sees it, they show they are sending signal to it.

You are actually trying to redo what Linus Sebastian of LTT tried to do, made a laughing stock of himself and miserably failed for the whole world to witness.

If GoXLR does not work for him, it won't work for you as well. It is because of the stubbornness of the hardware vendor. It is not the fault of Linux.

2 Likes