Garuda Linux don't boot and loop

Hello.
I've a computer running Garuda Linux xfce in dual boot with windows 10. This morning i've updated Garuda and now when i boot it, the boot screen shows then it shows "Loading Linux linux-lts... Loading initial ramdisk..." , black screen, and loop over.

Please login using a live USB and provide the output of your inxi -Faz.
Here you can find a tutorial for general booting problems.

You may want to start trying…
Also, since the issue occurred after a system update, you could consider rolling back to the latest working snapshot.

1 Like

You should select a snapshot in the GRUB menu.
Then, after login, you should Restore that snapshot using the (e.g.) timeshift GUI

1 Like

After loading previous snapshot the problem is still the same, i also can't open the text console

Use last working snapshot, not only try the last one.

2 Likes

I had the same problem this morning when updating had to revert to a snapshot.
I,ve not had time yet to see which package breaks it, but it hangs on loading optimus when loading.
P c updated ok but laptop does not :grinning:

3 Likes

I've tried all my snapshots and i've always the same problem. Looping between black screen and "loading ..."

When in grub remove splash a quiet from the perameters and see where it is hanging?

1 Like

do you mean "Advanced option for Garuda Linux " ?

yes then f10 to boot
edit: As filo says aswell

2 Likes

Try also from a live USB.
You can restore from there as well.
And if not working, you can chroot, check what was updated, etc.

3 Likes

Do you have a tutorial, or a topic that explain the step ? I'm kind of a newbie

To chroot, there is a tool in the live USB welcome screen.
Even better, in my opinion (for learning), is this tutorial to do it from the (live USB) terminal:

3 Likes

Had the same problem this morning, seems to be a issue with Samba Daemon not starting.
I´m also on a laptop. The problem is now that I tried so many times to fix it that I have no working snapshots... Don´t know what to do now...

2 Likes

yeah thanks, will hunt for a USB stick right now!

Everything fine here after updating.
I saw samba and smbclient in the list but there was really a lot of stuff.
But I'm on a AMD platform, so I still believe this could have something to do with optimus as @TilliDie mentioned or anyway in the "nvidia area".

2 Likes

just wanted to chime in on the nvidia/optimus here as I had this issue today, updated last night (a lot of stuff updated) and today my multi-monitor setup failed (would only pick up one monitor). when I disconnected one and just used my main monitor the boot process would freeze at "loading initial ramdisk".

all working again after restoring a prior snapshot.

1 Like

It appears python breaks optimus manager and that is what halts the boot
If you update you then need to rebuild optimus manager pkg against the new python

2 Likes

i've made a totally new install of garuda linux XFCE, and after updating the same problem occured. I think i'll just wait some weeks and reinstall everything properly