Garuda Enters in top 50 on Distrowatch

It is very pleasure to see that the Garuda Enters in top 100 on distrowatch.com

19 Likes

Road to top 10 :+1:

1 Like

Well, it's too early for top 10, but I am sure we can make it to top 50 or top 25 by 2 or 3 months :smiley:

5 Likes

"Well, it's too early for top 10, but I am sure we can make it to top 50 or top 25 by 2 or 3 months"

I certainly think so too. It deserves it Love the distro :100:

5 Likes

That's actually pretty good news! I think that it was a clever move to aim it at gamers, since the demographic is pretty huge. Besides, I feel like more and more people are getting fed up with Winblows and Linux is waaay more appealing now than it was a couple of years back. The reason for this, I think, is due to the fact that a lot of it has become more user-friendly by having a GUI and people like to keep it simple (most people do not like/aren't interested in going too deep technically).

I have a friend who's interested in switching, the only reason I've discouraged him to do so is because (I haven't told him this, ofc) he barely knows how to use Win properly and that means that I'm already his "private IT department"; I'm still not comfortable and technical enough to be able to help him should any issues arise. When we do the switch I'll make sure Garuda is his go-to OS :wink:

2 Likes

Same here for me and my people :joy:
Thats some good reasoning, nice to hear that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Never tell people to use a certain Linux OS, I just tell them what I use and why.

7 Likes

Then you know the feel :man_shrugging: :laughing:

2 Likes

Probably sounded wrong; I'm not going to force him in any way, of course. But I am going to tell him the reasoning behind my choice and a shallow/easy explanation at who the different distros are aimed at. He'll probably want to use what I use anyway and that fits him well, since he's a gamer :sunglasses:

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Download performance

5 posts were split to a new topic: Hazzards of a rolling distro

we are in top 10 of week brooo
:partying_face:

2 Likes

we made it toooooo top 10 of weeekekkkkee :partying_face:

1 Like

We are there since a week for a week's popularity.
But the ranking that actually matters is 6 months one. We are 60 at it :grin:
But we will be in top 25 soon .

2 Likes

Just along I keep testing all the release you folks now have. Damn you folks will be number one. :wink:

6 Likes

Our satisfaction rating was up around 9/10 until last week on Distrowatch (which is very high). Unfortunately our review ranking has dropped somewhat recently as we've had a spate of trollish attacks on the forum and distrowatch. These trolls then went on to post multiple negative reviews full of lies with the lowest scores possible on distrowatch. This affected our overall rating on Distrowatch considerably. :crazy_face:

So we know the distro is becoming popular, because whenever a distro starts to become successful the haters come out of the woodwork. The troll season is almost upon us, so ready your quivers the daily bag limit this season is up to 2 per day. :bow_and_arrow:

Anyone know any good recipes for troll. :japanese_ogre:

8 Likes

There are no good recipes for troll - I suggest feeding the results to other trolls...they are not picky eaters! :grin:

3 Likes

yeah , if any one would figure out how distro watch knows our limit without login , i am good at website poaching :wink: , and once we fake our distro popularity and rating , it will come in other people's sight and gradually it will become popular , Harshad Mehta Style :laughing:

1 Like

To be honest, I don’t like dirty games.
As a web developer I know how to tweek a lot with ip address and vpn and the stuff.
But I really don’t recommend dirty games. We are here for long run, but dirty games are only for achieving short term goals, in my opinion.
Don’t feel bad just mend your thought and focus on hard work, its my opinion.

He died in prison. He can’t be my inspiration to say the least.
Also I have seen some distro playing such games, who were banned from DistroWatch or a type of grey list.
Nevertheless to be honest, we don’t want fake traffic :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Word :ok_hand:
Also why even bother if its running fine without :smiley:

6 Likes