Gaming News šŸ“°

The article implies they do, but I fell like if you are going to pay more than $200 for a Chromebook you might as well buy a real laptop and wipe it and install Linux.

2 Likes

HHmmmmm. This could be a gimmicky mess, or if they've REALLY REALLY put thought, time and effort in, could be really cool.
Note, it's being done by a different studio to the base game. I don't know if mods will be supported or even if it'll be a native Linux game like that it's based on.

3 Likes

I haven't even touched on VR, still a pricey investment, plus not sure where linux stands in all of it. Very cool though.

My city would probably end up turning into Gotham with Joker as the mayor. :clown_face:

3 Likes

Ditto. I've yet to experience VR at all (aside from YT videos, which doesn't count as VR so this is a redundant clarification).

2 Likes

VR Youtube videos riding roller coasters! Throwing up on your keyboard so others don't have to witness it...now that is worth the price. :thinking: :joy:

2 Likes

We have a vr arcade type place in the mall here that is like $10 a game that me and the wife are supposed to take the kids to next week if they do all their chores this coming week so that will be my first VR experience.

2 Likes

Please do your chores kids so dad can report to us the experience :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Chores for VR, welcome to the future. That sounds like a blast. :eyeglasses: :space_invader:

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Does anyone know a joystick to keyboard remapper?

A new RetroArch release/update :space_invader:

Just some of whatā€™s new and improved includes:

• A brand-new version of Random Gen World creation with new cities, city tiles and a part system spawner. You will be blown away by it!
  • Over 200 new POIā€™s and updates to many of the older POIā€™s. Over 550 Explorable locations total
  • Navezgane has many city improvements, terrain improvements and new rural and wilderness communities
  • Nearly 25 new HD characters with a couple with improved shaders
  • 6 New weapons and 13 HD remakes with the addition of new primitive pipe weapons
  • Overhauled shape menu with hundreds of new shapes organized and buildable from a simple frame with in-game, creative and level design support
  • Block Placement Improvements
  • We have added a Robotic Drone Companion to carry your extra gear, heal you and more
  • Dynamic Imposter System renders accurate changes to POIā€™s and player bases at far distances
  • Rendering improvements with 100s of new PBR models
  • Quest Improvements including new restore power night Quests
  • AI Enemy Improvements including city spawning, ducking, obstacle attacks, head tracking and burst attacks.

New batches of Humble Bundles, one for Batman fans :bat: :video_game:

Gnome 42 to have better mouse input for gaming... :computer_mouse:

....and....AND... BATTLEYE ANTI-CHEAT WORKS ON ARMA3 WITH PROTON, so grab your guns and have a look;

Nothing like an end-of-year wrap-up list, and here are some of the best linux games of 2021.

And here is an overview of Hades which was not only showcased on Steam Deck, but works well with Proton. Stuff those stockings! :socks:

Indian POV

Not really familiar with Prime Gaming. Although, I would suggest try running a VPN, might work, although a lot of the corporations are getting VPN IPs and banning them, but it is worth a shot.

My account is indian. So bad luck ig

Yes, which is why you would/should use a VPN, then you can select servers to connect to in other countries where you would not be blocked by Prime Games. Worth a try.

No the account is Indian. The location of connection doesn't matter afaik. I need to buy prime on a American acc to be able to use it

OK, that makes sense.

Tired of Wine or it is not your vintage (see what I did there?), then try Bottles. You can find it available to install in the Garuda Gamer app. A handy container app that is not only for games.

Much like the Winetricks app, Bottles also includes its own dependency manager allowing you to install extras into your environments. Some games and applications will only work with these extras, so to see it all included together - again with only a few button clicks is wonderful.

More info hereā€¦

:baby_bottle:

3 Likes

Are you a Buldurā€™s Gate fan? Well prepare to step back in time, errrrā€¦well more like bringing the past forward. Releasing soonā€¦Baldurā€™s Gate: Dark Alliance, for linux, and those other operating systems which shall not be named.

Originally released in 2001 for the PlayStation 2, Xbox and later other consoles it recently saw an improve re-release for the latest generation of consoles. Black Isle Studios are now bringing it to Steam, with the store page going live just recently and going by the store page trailer it will go to GOG too but no store page there yet.

Edit to add: The game has been released today! Just to note, there is a Steam Winter Sale starting next week, so you might want to wait and see if it goes on sale.

1 Like