Does anyone know a joystick to keyboard remapper?

Does anyone know a joystick to keyboard remapper? I wanna play xcloud games with my keyboard and mouse.

https://wiki.archlinux.org › title › Linux_console › Keyboard_configuration

Keyboard mappings (keymaps), console fonts and console maps for the Linux console are provided by the kbd package (a dependency of systemd), which also provides many low-level tools for managing text console.In addition, systemd also provides the localectl tool, which can control both the system locale and keyboard layout settings for both the console and Xorg.

Gamepad - ArchWiki - Arch Linux

https://wiki.archlinux.org › title › Gamepad

Unless you are using very old joystick that uses Gameport or a proprietary USB protocol, you will need just the generic USB Human Interface Device (HID) modules. For an extensive overview of all joystick related modules in Linux, you will need access to the Linux kernel sources -- specifically the Documentation section.

Remapping a Joystick to Keyboard or Mouse | AutoHotkey

https://www.autohotkey.com › docs › misc › RemapJoystick.htm

Making Other Joystick Controls Send Keystrokes or Mouse Clicks. To have a script respond to movement of a joystick's axis or POV hat, use SetTimer and GetKeyState(). Joystick Axes. The following example makes the joystick's X and Y axes behave like the arrow key cluster on a keyboard (left, right, up, and down):

Best Gamepad Mapping Apps for Linux - Linux Hint

https://linuxhint.com › gamepad_mapping_apps_linux

If you like to play games on Linux with a gamepad instead of a typical keyboard and mouse input system, there are some useful apps for you. Many PC games come without controller support out of the box, mainly because of the nature and the genre of the game. It is possible to add controller support unofficially. This article will list some apps that allow you to remap key bindings to a game ...

4 Likes

Unless they have native support for keyboard and mouse for some games (from what I see the Xcloud requires a controller or one mapped to a touch screen on mobile; so that is probably a no.)… then its probably not going to happen. There are too many analogs in an xbox controller to apply a wrap to keyboard & mouse (2 triggers, 2 analog sticks). I have yet to hear anybody be successful in this in a easy to control manner. Even if it is possible, I doubt it would be suitable because you would have to map various analog degrees to a keyboard.

Anyways… TL;DR , its a developer side issue and you can’t really put a xbox pad onto a keyboard and mouse

1 Like

There are also a few options in the AUR:

$ yay -Ss joy key
aur/wejoy-git r12.426cb1a-1 (+2 0.00) 
    Tool to read physical joystick devices, create virtual joystick devices and output keyboard presses on a Linux system.
aur/antimicrox-git 3.1.3.r16.gf27aa8d0-1 (+3 0.04) 
    Map keyboard and mouse actions to gamepad buttons, inspired by qjoypad. Antimicro fork
aur/udev-joystick-blacklist r24.b687663-1 (+3 0.00) 
    Fix for keyboard/mouse/tablet being detected as joystick.
aur/qjoypad 4.3.1-1 (+31 0.29) 
    Program with a QT interface that converts gamepad/joystick events into key strokes and mouse actions in XWindows
aur/joy2key 1.6.3-3 (+37 0.00) 
    Translate joystick movements into keystrokes
2 Likes

But emulators do it very well, like yuzu for nintendo switch the keyboard works as a switch pro controller, very similar to the xbox controller.

can´t make any of those work on the xcloud. Maybe it's a browser compatibility issue.

That's cool and all, but that those are programs with support to do so inside their own programs.
Its a bit different than what you were asking is a 3rd party program to wrap keyboard and mouse to output xbox style controls, as what you need to output needs to be picked up as an xbox controller for xcloud for it to work. There are a ton of programs like the ones listed above in this thread to do things the other way around (there are ton of joystick-to-key programs out there).
Best thing I can tell you now is search the internet to see if there was something hidden that I couldn't seem to find yet.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was not seeing things in the right perspective. Really just found programs that do the opposite. Thanks for the insightful answer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.