FireDragon Librewolf fork 🐉

Nope. Not any right now.

Wait a minute, why did you ask it here? It is irrelevant here.

5 Likes

After updating fire dragon to 88.0a1.r637287+-1

5 Likes

Fixed with the update :slight_smile:
Im thinking of making this icon default in the browser & keep the current one as BeautyLine icon, what do you think? :thinking:

4 Likes

I love almost everything you do. :wink:

4 Likes

Indeed, very appealing!

6 Likes

I await only fast chaotic-aur access (:grin:) to try it out. Nice it's in the AUR, but I don't update AUR enough!

4 Likes

Had a look this afternoon using the KDE Barebones image.

Replacing nss with nss-ng and nspr with nspr-hg could end up with side-effects elsewhere or with other software. Will Nightly build with the repo's versions?

3 Likes

The bookmarks though :rofl:

Just updated looks good :+1:

Yes, its always build against the latest nss-ng & nspr-hg in Chaotic-AUR

chaotic-aur/nspr-hg 4.30.0r4913.b09175587dad-1 [installed]
Netscape Portable Runtime
chaotic-aur/nss-hg 3.63.0r15868.38a91427d65f-1 [installed]
Mozilla Network Security Services

I have not encountered any other software relying on these yet, are there examples of what you mean? :thinking:

1 Like

I created a package for the Whoogle search engine to run locally at AUR - thoughts about making this shipping the locally running Whoogle search engine as default? Search results are good and lightning fast, love using this :crazy_face:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/whoogle-git/

Thanks to taking some of @anon44840303 's Plasmafox ideas as inspiration, we now have also profiles for profile-sync-daemon and firejail included :smiley:

6 Likes

Sounds great (until some unnamed internet behemoth files a name infringement nuisance lawsuit). :crazy_face:

3 Likes

My search results are inconsistant with Whoogle vs Google or DDG. For example, a search for Garuda and Fedora produce results as expected. However, that's not the case when you search for Ubuntu, Manjaro or EndeavorOS ... where I'm not seeing their homepages.

Those are just arbitrary examples ... fyi.

GM

Whoogle is hosted at our servers. So, it shows the results assuming that you are in Dallas, USA. Whereas Google shows you result after tracing your location through IP or at least nearby.

It would be good to search “Where am I” for better clarification.

As far as I know, duckduckgo don’t use location data to filter search results. Or even if it do, it hardly matters. Ddg have different search algorithm. Same goes for yahoo, bing etc. All of them have different algorithms.
But Whoogle is based on Google. So they have similar algorithm, but Whoogle doesn’t record search data, and is “privacy respecting”.

Search Garuda Linux instead of just Garuda. Garuda has several different meaning too.
But Ubuntu, Manjaro and Endeavour OS are more famous as operating system names. So you off course see there names on first place.

3 Likes

After a temporary release in 'NoScript' I got exactly the same result with Whoogle as with the Google search.

1 Like

I am correct in the assumption that the name of this great OS is due to the name of the mythical draft animal (Vahana) of the god Visnu?

4 Likes

Other way round - the Whoogle instance is finding Garuda and Fedora, but not Ubuntu etc. (not sure why that’s a problem, TBH… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

6 Likes

Hey @dr460nf1r3 since the update, the new icon has taken over the one in latte and it's acting janky, it kind of flickers between the new one and the old one when I hover, also it doesn't fit the theme as well as the old one.

How do I change it back?

Sorry to ask this here, I think it might be a good idea to make a support page for Firedragon in the help section.

Could you show me a screenshot of those "janky" items? I cant really imagine what this means :confused:
In fact there is one already, below the "about" item :smiley: It lacks a description though, will have a look if I can get it in place :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes