FireDragon Librewolf fork πŸ‰

Sad to see Plasmafox becoming eol in the future, a lot of this forks features are actually taken from it as you might have noticed already! :frowning_face_with_open_mouth: But I can understand what you mean, its definitely a task to update constantly & in time. :+1:

6 Likes

Yeah well there are 1000000 forks/clones/mods of Firefox... :slight_smile:
The great thing about our Linux universe is that there are so many alternatives and forks.
I've lost interest some time ago already, so if you can continue the work, that's great. My thanks go to @SGS for the excellent icons, and also to projects like Waterfox and firefox-kde-opensuse.

You are free to take anything you want from Plasmafox as long as you give credits (which you do).

6 Likes

Sure :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

SGS for world president :slight_smile: or even minister of NRW to get rid of the Laschet guy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Actually, I have the same result with some other extensions. Temporary containers creates a container for every new tab, containerise allows to set rules for the websites to open in container using regular expressions, and container proxy = easy proxy management. Now, all the websites that I don't use don't waste my cookie space, and my cookies are consistently under 3 MBs

2 Likes

Firedragon is no longer functional for me under Firejail. It opens but does not show pages or open extensions :grimacing: here's an error log:

firejail firedragon
Reading profile /etc/firejail/default.profile
Reading profile /etc/firejail/disable-common.inc
Reading profile /etc/firejail/disable-passwdmgr.inc
Reading profile /etc/firejail/disable-programs.inc

** Note: you can use --noprofile to disable default.profile **

Parent pid 365912, child pid 365913
Warning: /sbin directory link was not blacklisted
Warning: /usr/sbin directory link was not blacklisted
Child process initialized in 28.89 ms

(firedragon:153): Gtk-WARNING **: 16:13:28.284: Theme parsing error: gtk-dark.css:6342:10: 'height' is not a valid property name
console.error: Enterprise Policies: 
Unknown policy: policies
Icon theme "adwaita" not found.
Icon theme "ubuntu-mono" not found.
Icon theme "yaru" not found.
Icon theme "Mint-X" not found.
Icon theme "elementary" not found.
qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 5 (BadAtom), sequence: 400, resource id: 0, major code: 20 (GetProperty), minor code: 0

(/usr/lib/firedragon/firedragon:251): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:13:28.923: Theme parsing error: gtk-dark.css:6342:10:'height' is not a valid property name

(firedragon:153): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:13:28.928: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:6342:10: 'height' is not a valid property name

(firedragon:153): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:13:28.985: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:6342:10: 'height' is not a valid property name

(firedragon:153): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:13:29.013: Theme parsing error: gtk-dark.css:6342:10: 'height' is not a valid property name

(firedragon:153): LIBDBUSMENU-GTK-CRITICAL **: 20:13:29.273: dbusmenu_menuitem_property_set_shortcut: assertion 'gtk_accelerator_valid(key, modifier)' failed

(/usr/lib/firedragon/firedragon:294): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:13:29.384: Theme parsing error: gtk-dark.css:6342:10:'height' is not a valid property name
WARNING: At least one completion condition is taking too long to complete. Conditions: [{"name":"ContentParent: id=7f996bad2000","state":{"remoteTypePrefix":"webIsolated"},"filename":"/home/main-builder/pkgwork/src/firefox-88.0.1/dom/ipc/ContentParent.cpp","lineNumber":3540,"stack":["resource://gre/modules/nsAsyncShutdown.jsm:addBlocker:162","chrome://global/content/elements/browser-custom-element.js:get loadContext:372","chrome://global/content/elements/browser-custom-element.js:construct:1005","chrome://global/content/elements/browser-custom-element.js:connectedCallback:310","chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.js:_setupInitialBrowserAndTab:414","chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.js:init:50","chrome://browser/content/browser.js:onDOMContentLoaded:1761"]},{"name":"ContentParent: id=7f995c844800","state":{"remoteTypePrefix":"extension"},"filename":"/home/main-builder/pkgwork/src/firefox-88.0.1/dom/ipc/ContentParent.cpp","lineNumber":3540,"stack":["resource://gre/modules/nsAsyncShutdown.jsm:addBlocker:162","resource://gre/modules/ExtensionParent.jsm:createBrowserElement:1202"]}] Barrier: profile-before-change
JavaScript error: resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.jsm, line 2161: TypeError: subject.QueryInterface is not a function
JavaScript error: resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.jsm, line 2161: TypeError: subject.QueryInterface is not a function

###!!! [Parent][RunMessage] Error: Channel closing: too late to send/recv, messages will be lost

Parent is shutting down, bye...

You need fresh new profile (~/.firedragon folder). Before that you may want to backup.

1 Like

The next update adds:

• a revamped firedragon.cfg (thanks to the Librewolf project its MUCH cleaner & easier to understand now)
  • working webconferencing
  • a firedragon.overrides.cfg in /usr/lib/firedragon/ with the old strict settings - ready to copy into ~/.firedragon for people who prefer it this way. The install notice also informs on how to do this.

:fire: :dragon:

7 Likes

Love this feature! You’re the best

4 Likes

Firedragon not maximizing properly

it was fine until the recent update am not sure how to resolve it and searching online seems to lead me on a endless goose chase with no proper solution. Anyone knows hot to resolve firedragon not maximizing properly any help is appreciated.

It should be the privacy.resistFingerprinting feature, which can be disabled:

3 Likes

How is profile syncing working? Can’t find a comprehensive explanation.
Thanks In advance.

Do you mean using Firefox/Mozilla accounts?

1 Like

PSD? go to ~/.config/psd.conf and add "firedragon" in BROWSERS (where by default "firefox" and "chromium" are there) and then reboot (relogin may also work but not sure).

More info

Yeah. I would like to have settings, bookmarks, extensions synced on my 2 Garuda Linux Surface devices.

That sounds great. I presume it’s the best practice way to do it?

That not possible using this browser unless you create a custom firedragon.overrides.cfg as syncing & all connections to Mozilla servers has been disabled there.

3 Likes

Ok. Accepted.
But what about the PSD option?
Wouldn't that be suitable and how are you guys doing it?

And while we're at it: Any good way to use mobile versions / syncing (like iOS and Android)?

Hhm, after checking out the Arch-wiki let me ask you:

• Are you using this to sync profiles (not ssdd/tmpfs) between 2 Linux machines
  • And if so how?

@dr460nf1r3 Didn't you mention syncing FireDragon is build in with Garuda?
And if so, could you provide some advise on how to do it?
Well, actually you didn't. :sweat_smile:
You only mentioned PSD.
So, am I correct, there is no way to sync profiles with other Linux machines?