"emergency mode" press enter to contine

i get a "emergency mode" message when trying to boot up. pressing enter does nothing but produce another instance of the message. ctrl+D does nothing. nor does ctrl+alt+f2.
The only way to poke about my files is to use a live environment.

i do get the grub menu, which lets me pick kernel and timestamps ect, but using another kernal does not change anything and my timestamps come up with a "path do not exist". I know i have made timestamps recently using timeshift, and deleted older ones, but i dont see where they are saved.

i have not changed anything in fstab.

what outputs are needed from my live environment to help fix this?

If you install multiple desktops as evidenced from your other recent thread you’re pretty much looking to have problems. Generally if you install your system in a non-standard manner you’re on your own.

2 Likes

my system is a standard install. this issue still persists even after fully removing any de packages i have installed

edit: also, i feel it somewhat necessary to say that i dont go out of my way to be "on my own" here. I dont see what i have done to be non-standard. im still rocking kde plasma and stuff.

what can i do to fix this, assuming that I have not gone all rouge?

You were already warned about complications on your other thread by another long time Linux user.

I will not waste my time trying to diagnose a problem a new user created themselves (especially when they aren’t even up front about what they’ve done).

We didn’t make the changes to your system, you did. We’re not physically able to do a hands on diagnosis of your machine. The only one who can do that is you.

Playing with your system is fine, that’s how you learn. Just don’t expect others to come running to your rescue when your experimentations cause regular breakages.

That’s what backups are for. Learn to back your system up (not expect everyone else to correct your mistakes for you). Learn to help yourself and quit playing the victim.You reap what you sow.

1 Like

perhaps there is a miss understanding here.

i am very open with what i have done and dont want to play no sort of victim claiming to be helpless in all cases of own cause.
Maybe you miss judge and assume i know less about what I am doing and not correlating the right things.
Is it wrong to ask you look at this thread as a separate issue to another i have made? There is no where else i can ask this and if me confusing you with 2 posts will stop any and all aid with what I think to be a separate issue then i will be stuck for a long time.

i could do a full fresh install of garuda and still ask the question: how do i add a new drive to my system?

of course, i have tried lots myself, and in amongst my fiddling i have come across this particular issue even after reverting all mods to fstab. Maybe someone explaining to me that when this (apparent common error message) comes up but does not give you the option to go to your pc though a terminal, that there is "x issue with your file [here] and [there]" and i would be on my way to doing what i want to do, and thats add more storage to my system

this issue, if you must know, was happening before even touching DE's.
And from a fresh install i still wouldnt know how make the boot menu show me the prober list of fallback files from timeshift. as it stands and ever has, they're not right.

im not taking any help for granted and best i can pass it on

Itcould be a gruberror?

doubt it. It boots as expected- apart from an oddly large but low-resolution spashscreen- when all i have is my boot drive mounted at /run/timeshift/backup. when i change anything to do with my drives, its upset.

WHatdoes it look like?

just the default garuda boot screen

Here is a similar situation

Best guess is you should chroot to your system and confirm proper $ESP/grub installation. Use garuda-chroot or the relevant tutorial.

1 Like

ill give it a look