KDE F4lc0nized

1 Like

Kde-falconized?

1 Like

I wonder what @jonathon thinks of that

1 Like

Oh becaue it is less sharply themed.

1 Like

Yeah, I think it's a nice complement to dragonized...

1 Like

OK then I guess it is KDE F4lc0nized then.
EDIT: MR created to remame it.

3 Likes

Mate master branch is publish-ready as far as I'm concerned. Do with that info as you will.

1 Like

May I ask this KDE Plasma edition is NOT multimedia anymore...it is just a differently themed KDE Plasma.

It’s all in the announcement @RUanauR has to write, I think.
If there is no significantly added value, there is no need for this version.

1 Like

Welp it looks like ill be busy but what do I write?

Here are some examples

and this one is especially valuable.

4 Likes

It does still include alot of multimedia stuff.

2 Likes

To me there would be one thing that would make this edition worth the duplication. @jonathon touched on it, and that would IMO be the use of the real time kernel for multimedia purposes by default.

Having a different kernel as default is an excellent aid when troubleshooting. This helps to narrow down if the kernel is a factor with a hardware incompatibility issue.

It would be so much easier if another different default kernel was available for download. This alone would make it worthwhile IMO. Copying the LXQT edition's networking model using Connman and CMST would be another reason that the different KDE version would be justifiable.

These changes would be very useful for troubleshooting and justify the duplication IMO. These types of changes would make the edition very useful for troubleshooting purposes on the forum.

9 Likes

What kernel do you suggest?

linux-rt would be the obvious choice, but maybe there's a kernel that combines the real-time patches with zen-style performance patches? That would be a better fit for Garuda

1 Like

Actually, this is interesting:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/RealTimeKernel

3 Likes

@zoeruda I have been looking at this one:
https://liquorix.net/

I use the lqx kernel. It seems to run well on my machine. I've paired down to lqx and LTS on my system.

The real time kernel is a favorite for audio enthusiasts, so if you are focusing on multimedia it is a good choice.

2 Likes

Is lqx real time?

Not as far as I'm aware.

2 Likes