KDE, ensuring continued support!

I am confused.

3 Likes

Ok, I get it.

1 Like

So, instead of coming up with a new creative name, we are dropping the kind of creative name we have already?

1 Like

Well, Do you have any suggestions.

Well

I don't see many others.

Didn't like any of them.

1 Like

Well it needs a name or people mght confuse it with draonized.

Me too.

It is a community version of KDE based on Garuda. Just kde
like cinnamon ... and so on

1 Like

Why not that

It sounds the the kde community from kde.
I still like kde creatve tho.

1 Like

Brevity is the spice of life :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well it will be Garuda KDE Community.

Hmmmmm.
Poll

• KDE
  • Garuda KDE Coummity
  • KDE creative
  • Other (Say)
  • Kde_Multimedia

0 voters

Since we cannot agree, I hereby decide, in accordance with the previous community versions, to use the name

kde

point.

1 Like

Alright. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

2021-05-05_18-30

Mhhh :thinking:

2 Likes

KDE Multimedia, because Dr460nized already has KDE, so this should elaborate something rather than nothing.

1 Like

I think my question would be, what's the purpose of this KDE community edition? What is it intending to offer over the existing KDE edition?

Each edition should offer something specific or unique, otherwise it's just duplication of effort and adding to the confusion about having differently-named but similar editions.

If it's for multimedia then something focussed specifically on AV production (or even something like Twitch or YouTube streaming) would add that "unique selling point" (USP) - e.g. realtime kernel, pared-back DE, scheduler tweaks, DAW, AV editing (KDEnlive etc.), screen recording software (OBS etc.) preinstalled, ...

If it's just a differently-themed KDE edition then is it worth the time, effort, server space, etc.?

4 Likes