System stutter when interacting with desktop, receiving notifications. X11 related

Or perhaps the KDE barebones.

Be sure to test both the free and non-free video drivers.

2 Likes

I've tested barebones, same thing. XFCE on the other hand, does not have any issues. Though I couldn't run kwin_x11 --replace in xfce, i tested it with notify-send and window dragging stuff.

So it does seem like an x11 issue.

What do I do now?

or could it be something qt related? Because in all of these errors there's qt stuff only. Though it also errors when I launch gtk3 hello world so I don't know.

You might want to keep your eyes on this thread, and try this:

2 Likes

I will try using different kwin's and post results here then.

1 Like

Nothing helped

Then use Xfce.

This ^^^, is not a suitable response on a technical help thread. We require specifics, not generalities. There are many alternate versions, exactly which ones did you test. We are perhaps thousands of miles away, we are not looking over your shoulder when assisting with troubleshooting. We must know EXACTLY what has been done (or not done) when performing remote troubleshooting.

1 Like

I tried running kwin-git and kwin-lowlatency (un)ticking all stuff it didn't make any difference.

Old inxi or old kernel?
5.14.14 is last one

KDE use more CPU power than i3wm/Xfce, but my old i7 3770K with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6Gb, 16 GB RAM stutter only if I render pictures with Blender.

https://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg556107.html

https://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg587597.html

kwin_core: XCB error: 10 (BadAccess)

On the other hand the MJ solution

remove latte-dock, disable animations. use kwin.

2 Likes

You must not have read the other thread I linked for you, as you did not test the other versions of kwin I suggested on that thread.

There are I believe also 3 versions of kwinft you could have tested. So obviously, when you stated “nothing helped” you had not fully tested all the options, available to you.

Following instructions incompletely, and then not reporting in detail on your troubleshooting efforts will generally not get you a resolution to your issue.

That is why I already stated this:

You opened this thread over three weeks ago and if you continue as you have already, you are unlikely to find an acceptable resolution. Helpers on the forum are not mind readers. Are we supposed to simply guess at which steps you have performed? If you desire further assistance, please start providing proper documentation and outputs of all procedures you have tested.

1 Like

No, it's just that it's tiring. I was clicking that stuff for over 2 days to only see nothing change at all apart from snapshot restoring every 20 minutes because it wouldn't show desktop or even the login thing.

Messing with latte or animations does not solve the issue. It just makes it stutter faster, there's something related to kde.

With kwinft my system doesn't start desktop environment

You might be better switching to Wayland if using kwinft.

Did you check your logs for details as to why your desktop session failed to start?

Did to try to start your desktop session manually using startx.

2 Likes

Nope gonna try tomorrow.

After installing kwinft and rebooting, I get to login, but after logging in nothing happends, I get a cursor sensitivity change and that's it. I can't seem to figure out how to check what went wrong at this stage.

Is there any way to check the logs on why I am stuck at after login?