My script and encoding process is using the memory. All of it. I put the laptop on Turbo mode and let it run all night. Memory usage is pretty stable as it processes the video; so if it starts fine, it should continue fine. Unless "system hang prevention" has a word in it.
and if one of the plugins has a bug and it really freezes, then I'd want to know.
Disabling nohang allows it to go about twice further before being killed again.
Memory usage is pretty high, but that's on script start. It remains stable.
I'm wondering whether zram can cause issues by letting VapourSynth think that it can use a lot more space for cache? I'm playing around with cache settings. But anyway; memory doesn't go up, it just decides to kill it at some point. Perhaps at some spikes. It goes up and down in spikes.
Now I'm playing with thread count of both VPY script and FFMPEG, and max_cache_size.
What's strange is that I was running the same script on Windows on 5K footage with x265 encoding. That was hungry. Now it's only 2.7K with x264 encoding.
It starts at about 2.6fps and then steadily go down to ~.8fps when it crashes. Now I see that "swp" in htop was in the red. If I reduce the thread count, swp has some room and it should avoid the crashes, but at lower performance. On Windows I ran 5K footage with x265 at about 0.5fps
Denoising raw cilp... it's too noisy due to lack of lighting, and it does a very good job. Normally it would take 4.5h per 9m clip segments in 5K ... but instead, now it's taking 9h per 9m segment in 2.7K at 60fps. Shouldn't be that slow.