Starting the integration of Snapper in testing isos

Can you read the https://iso.builds.garudalinux.org/iso/garuda/kde-barebones/210914/garuda-kde-barebones-linux-lts-210914-pkgs.txt ?

4 Likes

I successfully converted from Timeshift to Snapper by installing snapper-support (as mentioned). No problems, and I can see my Timeshift snaps and my new Snapper ones (I was curious how that would be handled). Very good!

4 Likes

Is Snapper supposed to delete older snapshots? I have about 30 already

Yes, there are settings for it. Take a look at the setting tabs.

How many subvolumes are you snapshoting?

4 Likes

By default the settings are enabled. I had to enable them to see the tab, and then configured the Snapper retention like I had done with Timeshift. I had assumed the settings from Timeshfit would come over, but apparently not. No biggie, but a heads up for anyone else converting from Timeshift to Snapper if they don't want to lose snapshots they were trying to keep.

1 Like

Eventually; yes. This will probably be of help if it's keeping too many timeline snapshots Snapper - ArchWiki This might help, but likely less System Recovery and Snapshot Management with Snapper | Administration Guide | SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 15 SP2

1 Like

Thanks, I think it was only because I haven't rebooted after a bunch of updates, I only have 10 now

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Can I look for some detailed info on snapper?