[SOLVED] Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 Wifi - suddenly stops working

Please disregard this post. I resolved this issue but am still having other issues. I can't find anywhere to delete this post so I'm just editing it....

I believe the issue was with my router. I went into the network settings and removed MAC randomization. I also restarted the Wifi application with the button right above. Although I had tried this initially and it didn't work, I'm not sure why it worked the second time. The reason I believe my router was the issue is because it happened to work after the second time I restarted my router. Not sure why it didn't work the first time, but it did work!

My apologies for not updating sooner, I was very frustrated and distracted because I'm having additional issues. I was attempting to install a dual boot with Windows 10, but this particular issue was occurring on the live Garuda booted from my flash drive. I had not yet fully installed it (still haven't).

Also, in case anyone needs this for any reason, here are my specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X CPU
16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi Motherboard
Radeon RX 580 Graphics Card
Currently running Windows 10 (was attempting to install dual boot with no luck)
Windows is installed on my 500GB Samsung EVO NVMe
The Garuda partitions were created on another drive, a 2TB Seagate HDD

2 Likes

Read

please
and post

inxi -Fxxxza

as text! Even if you personally think it is unnecessary.

and
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Block IPv6 usage either in your router settings or in Network Manager.

Edit your Opening Post (OP) to include your system specs.

Search thoroughly before posting.

Disable Windows fastboot if dual booting. Power down completely then reset the bios to factory default.

2 Likes

If you resolved your issue post your solution by editing your OP again.

Please include all relevant details in your update including if you are dual booting Windows.

Edit:

Disabling MAC randomization on its own often isn’t enough to return your wifi to a working state. Usually rebooting both the router and your computer are also required after disabling MAC randomization.

That is likely why the fix was delayed until after both those took place.

Thank you for updating your OP with your solution, and welcome to Garuda.

PS.

Be extra sure to keep Windows fast boot turned off after every Windows update because it is known to break the AX200 Wifi.

5 Likes