10 Likes

Some dragon themed sketch made with inkscape with garuda logo on the corner

Another variant

Edit: removed branding

15 Likes

Hi, nice work.
Would love to see more of your work here. :slight_smile:

Important note.

The Garuda logo small and in the bottom corners of Garuda wallpapers is my trademark/signature/logo/icon as the

grafik
by Albrecht Dürer der Jüngere.
I can't think of a better example right now. :smiley: :grin:

Compare mine to TilliDie's wallpapers. Garuda Wallpapers from TilliDie :-)

Other than that, it's never that thin and also deviates from the original.
Just like what you have set at Add Garuda small variant by VitoFe · Pull Request #302 · LinusDierheimer/fastfetch · GitHub (and others?).
grafik

I would have liked to see this MR agreed with the owner beforehand.

5 Likes

Thank you, I’ll try and do my best.

Reply to the important note

I used the garuda icon shipped with the distro with a smaller stroke ratio and without the edge rounding in inkscape in order to achieve that look (which I personally find more appealing). It was not my intention to deviate from the original, so much so that I did not change any path (see fontawesome icons variations which all have the same paths but different stroke). By using the logo in the artwork I just wanted to show appreciation to the distro, but if there are any issues with how I use logos, I’m willing to take down everything I posted that does not meet your guidelines. Before using it I did indeed search for any license or guideline about using the garuda logos, aside from the mere ownership, but could not find anything, so I wrongly assumed I was free to use them in my artwork.
Maybe if this is a recurring issue or if “deviations” are it would be best to issue some simple guidelines along with the logos to which those guidelines apply, like a lot of brands do.

If you feel my ascii art does not reflect the original logo, you are free to edit/replace it the fastfetch/neofetch repo as it is an open source project. I did not think about asking permission before committing my own ascii art, and maybe I should have, I never thought that would be an issue in the past since generally speaking any contribution is not permanent and could be easily changed.
Regarding the specific ascii art for garuda_small, while it is indeed very thin, this is by design. If you see the arch_small logo you’ll notice that the _small logos mostly have just the outline and are very small.

2 Likes

I would rather spend my time working with Blender or Inkscape but … :smiley:

Summary

SGS / Wallpaper · GitLab

Wallpaper and more by SGS, all under CC Licenses (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)
[
GitHub - sgse/wallpaper: Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Most problems arise because people don’t communicate with each other.

On the other hand, I would never change or add the logo, small or large of other OS, no matter if you can easily change it again without talking to the people concerned.

What still bothers me is the nose, it could be so / but is so |

You don’t have to delete anything, but don’t use the small logo on your artwork, so it doesn’t give the impression it’s an official Garuda wallpaper or from me :slight_smile: , please.

Maybe the Garuda developers in Gitlab should mention who the “artwork” comes from?

You could mention that in your Garuda Linux SVG compilation, for example.

5 Likes

That one is fricking scary.

3 Likes

Another dragon made with inkscape, this one in neon-style

18 Likes

Damn that's a nice one!

1 Like

My lockscreen image

Just the eagle head taken from the website on some noisy blurred background done in GIMP.
The colors are a bit wrong because I forgot about wl-sunset.
The .xcf should be here.

12 Likes

Solarpunk style dunes made with inkscape

Plain version

20 Likes