Show us your Garuda terminal :-)

Am I the only one that lives a lot in the terminal? I would love to see what yours looks like and how you flavor it for your liking. If you have a sexy terminal - let us see it and also let us know what you did to customize it (LS colors etc)

Mine is stock Garuda for now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually have my neofetch config set differently. I'm just too lazy to edit it then build it.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Trying out kitty currently. Needs theming though. Should look like:

Update: pywal never fails

5 Likes

4 Likes

I love this!!! Can you share your setup?!?

Very uninspired - but effective:

2 Likes

Mine is boring. Full screen, transparency, and the official Arch blue lettering.

5 Likes

I quite like it actually - what is the color code for that blue? What does a ls -la look like?

I do believe it's #1793D1

I googled just now, so that may be wrong. But I'm not near the computer to figure it out

2 Likes

You ever try Tilix? That is one of my preferred and what I use most, second choice is terminator.

For your config - I am trying to learn how to tweak it a bit but cant even get it show the image I choose for background :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I love it - did you change from the Garuda G to that Arch one? IF so - where did you make that change and how - yes I am about to go consult the google also to learn and find it.

I appreciate that. I don’t and have never actually used Garuda (sorry everyone) outside of a live iso. So, the Arch logo you see, is actually correct for me. I’m here to just bring some levity to the Arch based community, help out here and there, and have a place to be so I can claim to drink socially. There’s a lot of familiar faces here for me, so I hang around until I’m asked to leave.

You can absolutely change the image in neofetch though if you really want to see the Arch logo instead of the Garuda logo. If you read up on how to customize it, yes it’s definitely doable. I have never and have no idea how to do it though. I just know it’s possible.

3 Likes

Thank you kind sir - Garuda is my first experience with Arch - so it is all I know - and so far it is more than just a pretty face :slight_smile:

Though I started playing around with the config file and I think I messed up my fetch spacing :smiley: so I am trying to sort that out.

Deinitely you can do a lot to 'customize' your neofetch output, including any file you wish as the 'side graphic', regardless of OS. Your problem on that screenshot is only that your terminal is not wide enough for the display - you can either truncate the information shown, or widen the terminal! Here's a couple of example screenshots of terminal with custom graphic:

Or even:

(assuming your terminal can handle non-ascii graphics)

4 Likes

Yep! Now I have to go educate myself on how to do this! I figured the size of the terminal was the culprit but not sure how to truncate it.

1 Like

Education for me consisted of looking through .config/neofetch/config.conf - all the info is in the comments in there. Truncation can be done on MANY by selecting which info gets shown - for instanced the CPU can include CPU name or not, speed or not, Core count or not etc etc or even be skipped.

Why can't your terminal be widened? And, if not, can font be reduced or replaced with narrower? Or, of course, you could use a thinner/smaller version of the Garuda eagle. Good luck with ONE (or a combination) of the above...

4 Likes

btw, the fetch information when open fish could be replaced? :thinking:
It's hardcoded?
yes I could setting up neofetch conf, but it doesn't change that information.
Previously, when I changed the configuration of neofetch, it was applied, but now it is not.
Does anyone know this?

Paleofetch is used due to being massively faster. Just edit the fish config and replace paleofefch with neofetch.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot :blush:
And I respect the performance oriented update!!

1 Like