Runnin Garuda stuck on "A start job is running for LiveMedia MHWD Script"

I've tried to boot dr460nized and BSPWM versions of Garuda on my Thinkpad T61 laptop. Both boots were unsuccessful because of [A start job is running for LiveMedia MHWD Script] stage.

Please advise what to do in order to fix that issue.

Machine info:

CPU:       Info: Dual Core model: Intel Core2 Duo T8100 bits: 64 type: MCP L2 cache: 3072 KiB 
           Speed: 1328 MHz min/max: 800/2101 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1365 2: 1273 
Graphics:  Device-1: NVIDIA G86M [Quadro NVS 140M] 
Audio:     Device-1: Intel 82801H HD Audio driver: 
Network:   Device-1: Intel 82566MM Gigabit Network 
           Device-2: Intel PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN [Kedron]

I saw this message last night as I was testing out the recbox version of Garuda
and it hung at the aforementioned step of the booting process for maybe a
a minute and a half or two minutes but eventually it booted. In my case just a
bit of patience paid off. This happened for me on 2 machines and was successful
both times. Maybe give it another try?

Pretty certain this won’t be supported by the non-free driver option.

Also keep in mind that Garuda is a performance-oriented distribution for modern PCs so may not be suitable for a thirteen-year-old laptop.

4 Likes

What kind of generic bulls#it is this? :slight_smile: Sorry mate but stop posting like this - someone might take it for serious and get off track with troubleshooting.
Something is or is not supported. And saying thirteen year old laptop won’t work because it’s thirteen years old is just so noob :slight_smile: . “Focus on performance” doesn’t automatically mean that the hardware you use has to be best in class, doesn’t it?. Also, why XFCE spins then? To use it on Core i9? Other distros (even those heavier ones) boot just fine on this (let’s say it again) thirteen-year-old laptop.

The sort of thing which points out you might be expecting too much of a decade-old laptop with a decade-old GPU which is no longer supported by NVIDIA.

Try booting with the free driver option. If that doesn’t work, try a different installer image. If that doesn’t work, try a different distribution.

6 Likes

You are either a dimwit or a troll. Either way, to disregard the advice of one of the most experienced troubleshooters involved in the project is extremely foolhardy.

Then to abuse him for simply giving you the straight goods is inexcusable. Your hardware is ancient and only suitable for a distro using far fewer resources than Garuda.

Your post has been sent where posts of zero merit are sent. If you hurl anymore insults towards those involved with the project you will be heading for more serious repercussions than this.

5 Likes