Problème d'hibernation

Bonjour,
J’aimerais pouvoir hiberner sous garuda linux, malheureusement quand je redémarre après hibernation, mon écran se fige (noir) et mon pc ne réponds plus. Je suis obligé de forcer le redémarrage, mais après ma connection ne fonctionne plus, je suis donc encore obligé de redémarrer mon PC.

Voici ma configuration:

(Kde Drakonized avec Thème breeze)

À l’installation de garuda Linux, j’ai séléctionné l’option pour prévoir un swap pour hiberner, je n’ai aussi aucune erreur quand je lance la commande systemctl hibernate.

Merci d’avance,
Cordialement,
Theora.

if you have a nvidia graphic card try this;

#commands to fix suspending computer
sudo micro /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-preserve-video-memory.conf
#paste the line below
options nvidia NVreg_PreserveVideoMemoryAllocations=1
#press Ctrl s and then Ctrl q to save file

#activate services.
sudo systemctl enable nvidia-suspend.service
sudo systemctl enable nvidia-hibernate.service
sudo systemctl enable nvidia-resume.service
#reboot.

Hi @Jeshu, would what you mentioned also help me, or would I need another solution?

In my case, when I leave the computer idle for a while and it goes into sleep mode, sometimes the screen doesn’t appear to log back in, or it shows up frozen. What I do is press Ctrl+F3 to bring up the screen without the graphical interface, and then I press Ctrl+F2 again, and the login screen usually appears. However, once logged in, some applications remain frozen.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Captura de pantalla_20240820_131523

@Josep, Yes if you have a nvidia graphic card then it may well fix your troubles too.

i was told that you do not need to reboot after enabling the services. So try it out and have a look what happens when you suspend the computer.

Thanks @Jeshu for your quick response!

Here is the information about the graphics card:

1 Like

@Josep let me know how you go.

The nvidia cards have had a lot of trouble. If this does not fix it maybe consider trying a different diver version than 555, i had to get away from that version as well with my 4080 card.

Installing the nvidia-all drivers can help here. This will give you the options to tryout different driver versions, to see if you can get it to work that way.

remember to delete the nvidia-all folder on your home directory if you try out more than one version. Do so for each version you try. And repeat the code below.

# if dracut is not installed on your system do that first. 
sudo pacman -S dracut
#download nvidia-all
git clone https://github.com/Frogging-Family/nvidia-all.git
cd nvidia-all
makepkg -si
#select either open source or proprietary drivers, from earliest to latest, available for your #system. And do install dkms if you have more than one kernel.
sudo dracut-rebuild
sudo update-grub
1 Like

Thank you very much, @Jeshu, I really appreciate it. So, would this mean I don’t need to do this?: (Problème d'hibernation - #2 by Jeshu). I’ll try what you suggested and share the results.

Hi @Jeshu I tried to do what you suggested, but when I enter git clone

git clone https://github.com/Frogging-Family/nvidia-all.git

it asks for a GitHub username, and I can’t continue. I’m not sure how GitHub works.

No

╭─sgs@y7p in ~ as 🧙 took 1m12s
 🕙 13:02:01
 ╰─λ git clone https://github.com/Frogging-Family/nvidia-all.git
Klone nach 'nvidia-all'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 1105, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (498/498), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (159/159), done.
remote: Total 1105 (delta 395), reused 428 (delta 339), pack-reused 607 (from 1)
Empfange Objekte: 100% (1105/1105), 287.21 KiB | 350.00 KiB/s, fertig.
Löse Unterschiede auf: 100% (702/702), fertig.

BTW, post termial output, but no pictures, always as text, format as preformattedd text.

1 Like

Oops, sorry about that @Jeshu , I had typed .gitgit at the end of the command instead of .git. Thanks @SGS !

Sorry @Jeshu @SGS , but I’m not clear on whether I still need to do this:

#commands to fix suspending computer
sudo micro /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia-preserve-video-memory.conf
#paste the line below
options nvidia NVreg_PreserveVideoMemoryAllocations=1
#press Ctrl s and then Ctrl q to save file

#activate services.
sudo systemctl enable nvidia-suspend.service
sudo systemctl enable nvidia-hibernate.service
sudo systemctl enable nvidia-resume.service
#reboot.

If so, should it be done before or after changing the driver? Thanks for your patience, best regards.

Please, pinging with @ the moderators is not welcome :slight_smile:

The forum software also automatically notifies everyone who has already posted here in this thread/topic.

I personally read every post in the Garuda Linux forum, even if I don’t always understand what it’s about :smiley:

Use that @ only when it’s a matter of life or death :wink:

2 Likes

This should perhaps be noted in the template :grin:

1 Like

The more we write in the template, the less it is read. :smiley:

1 Like

That’s true again!

My apologies :pray:, I was unaware of this rule. It’s clear that I need to read more about how the forum works. :sweat_smile: Thanks

1 Like

This is not a forum rule, it is an unwritten law :grin:

2 Likes

you can simply sign up with Github after you create an account.

i would not install the nvidia drivers if you got suspend to work, but if you cannot get suspend to work with the lines i gave you before, you may want to try install different versions of the nvidia driver and see if it works then.

Then you will need to make an account with Github by the looks of it

Cheers :person_raising_hand:

1 Like

It was an typo :slight_smile:

1 Like

did you get things sorted?