Problem with installing Garuda

So I tried installing Geruda yesterday and ran into this error:

I searched the whole web and didn't find any suitable solution, so I figured maybe someone here would have a solution for me. I found another post here and a solution suggested to boot in UEFI and disable Secure Boot, however, my BIOS doesn't have these options and I'm just stuck, with no idea what to do.

Did you read?

and
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Is your PC 32 bit or 64 bit?

Yea I did read it, but how can I change the size of the core.img and solve the problem with the blocklists. The partition is new and formated to btrfs so i was assuming the installer could handle it.

CPU is AMD64-bit

Read

please
and post

inxi -Fxxxza

as text, please.

4 Likes

In addition to the above, please go back through the installation and document/note down what you did at each step. The final error could be due to choices you made during the process and so isn't useful by itself.

4 Likes

Why are not trying UEFI + GPT installation?

The general rule(s) of thumb is - Using gparted, make 300-500 MB FAT32 partition with boot and esp label. Mount it at /boot/efi or /efi. Make another partition for Root and optionally for Home. Make sure secure boot is off.

In calamares, I always select manual partition which is already set up. Mount but not format the ESP partition if you already have another distro installed.

This is in my experience, the most reliable scheme for installing different Linux distros. Any distro. Of course, this is in no way, shape or form the only scheme. Everyone has their own way of doing things.

2 Likes

Unless your laptop is quite old it should have the option to disable secure boot. Most Linux distros require this for installation. If you have installed a version of Ubuntu it can be installed without disabling secure boot, but almost all other Linux distros require it to be disabled

Sometimes you must enter an administrator password in your UEFI/BIOS before you can disable secure boot. This step is essential unless your laptop is older and you have a bios/mbr setup not uefi/gpt.

3 Likes