Possible to add LXQT-Kwin alongside KDE Dr460nized?

Hey y'all!

I've been reading up on multiple DEs on a system, etc, and I've been noodling with the idea of possibly installing lxqt alongside my current KDE Dr460nized install. I'd like to try lxqt, but want to install it and have it themed like the LXQT-Kwin edition of Garuda.

My plan is to set up a new user on the system to use the new DE (unless there are no real conflicts with being able to load either DE from the DM using the same user account - specifically with KDE and LXQT, I've read that disparate DEs tend to not work nicely with one another on the same user account?).

Anyway, Is it possible to install the Garuda-themed LXQT DE from within the KDE Dr460nized version or am I just going to be able to install vanilla LXQT?

Any guidance or advice is greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU!!!

I hate to say it, but I think there is more to it than just adding the second DE from the normal repos.

Garuda keeps special packages for the LXQT spin here: garuda/lxqt-kwin · master · Garuda Linux / Tools / iso-profiles · GitLab

I do not know if you can just add them on your own, or if they are specially configured to work with the installer, or what. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Yeah, I saw that too, and was my concern, which is why I posted. Thanks!!

A post was split to a new topic: Just want to know how different editions work & run on my laptop