Pamac has problems (Garuda Linux Barebones)

PROBLEMS:

inxi data
CPU: quad core Intel Core i5-3470 (-MCP-) speed/min/max: 3391/1600/3600 MHz
Kernel: 5.15.24-1-lts x86_64 Up: 3h 4m Mem: 3868.7/7896.9 MiB (49.0%)
Storage: 1.35 TiB (4.0% used) Procs: 275 Shell: Bash inxi: 3.3.12

Welcome

Can you provide your

garuda-inxi

Also no support is given to the barebones addition

2 Likes

Solution: don’t use Pamac.

3 Likes

so octopi?

:frowning_face: yeah i thought it wasn't absolute

Whatever you use instead (be it octopi, command line, etc.), just to let you know, that the chaotic-AUR is busy building packages and not all things or mirrors will be available. Just to be on the safe side, wait to do things tomorrow.

1 Like

Oh so like its slow af? both the chaotic AUR and the normal one?

There has been a few issues today. I heard the AUR was down for a bit, then of course it was around the time chaotic-AUR wanted to rebuild packages from the AUR. It will take some time for every thing and every mirror to be 100% up to date and ready. "Tomorrow" was just a estimated time to try again at the earliest; things of this scale do tend to take some time.

2 Likes

there are already two threads with the same subject!

Pamac stuck: Syncing all file systems
Pamac-manager crash - #7

It's your system, so in the end it's your decision what you want to install. I keep many different software store GUI apps and AUR helpers installed. However, I never use a GUI app for updating my system. I may use one of the GUI apps to do a one off install or uninstall, but never for system updates. The only thing I use Pamac for is software browsing because it's great for that (same with Discover and Octopi).

The Garuda team recommends the terminal (pacman) for all system updates. Pamac is no longer recommended because of its frequent breakages.

GUI's are convenient,but the terminal is king when it comes to reliability.

Umm, did you watch the video? I had problems with installing more packages on my system and not finishing, not updating

Sorry, no, why would I want to watch a video about Pamac when the distro's official policy is to not use Pamac?

If you are wanting to report errors, that is done with terminal outputs (error logs) not a video.

5 Likes

It looks like you typed this without even reading TBG’s message. The explanation you skimmed over is essentially this:

Pamac is not reliable and is frequently broken.

I think the assumption that your video illustrates this, and does not need to be watched, is fair.

Try Paru, it’s really great. It works well, it’s easy to search for stuff, and it makes building and updating AUR packages very simple.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.