Off Topic Chit Chat - (Silliness factor 5)

I think he is trying to say Your avater looks like a swastika.

A lot of people (including me) will think of this:

2 Likes

This may help

In india it is used as a good symbol

7 Likes

Wait what.

The swastika symbol, 卐 (right-facing or clockwise ) or 卍 (left-facing , counterclockwise , or sauwastika ), is an ancient religious icon in the cultures of Eurasia. It is used as a symbol of divinity and spirituality in Indian religions, including Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.

[Swastika - Wikipedia](Swastika - Wikipedia

7 Likes

But not me!

I know the meaning of this symbol.

3 Likes

Well I know its like this in other regions of this world, not trying to be disrespectful :slight_smile:
Its weird how history shapes the meaning of something like a simple symbol. :eyes:

5 Likes

I almost had a Sevastika tattooed over the (Balinese) OM, for which I obtained a Pedanda's approval. I decided not to do so because it can easily lead to confusion in Germany and elsewhere.

I have already emphasized in the forum that Hindu religion and culture are something very familiar to me.

4 Likes

I changed my logo so .

4 Likes

Oh no! Please undo that.

Damn, if only I hadn't written anything.

Germans and americans may not aggree.

4 Likes

About what?

The Swastika.

Think of me as a Balinese. I assimilated myself there.

3 Likes

Lets not turn this into a discussion, didnt mean to trigger one :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Ok, so watching all the new posts, how many have installed Garuda (or any linux for that matter) for their grandparents and had less trouble than some of these new posts ? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think the average person can install and use Garuda out of the box (even grandparent's).

Where things tend to fall down is with long term maintenance, users changing the defaults, and installing a lot of things from the AUR.

OOTB things tend to run just fine, but it doesn't take long for a newbie to mess things up. :rofl:

5 Likes

Let me guess, you installed it in your grandparents computer and now it will not boot.

1 Like

Powershell core is cross platform and FOSS, so it’s at the point where it’s branching out of the “evil proprietary Microsoft” territory I assume was your intent when messaging so.

Even though I favor Linux more than Windows, it’s still a good operating system, that focuses on convenience for people who don’t need to have full control over their system (perhaps unlike sysadmins), but rather people who want to just run their software and not care about what’s under the hood. Microsoft embraces Linux:

“Microsoft Loves Linux” - Satya Nadella

By joining forces with GitHub, CEO Satya Nadella said, “we strengthen our commitment to developer freedom, openness and innovation.”

I also would like to mention how Microsoft teamed up with Canonical to create WSL2 for those who want Windows and Linux in a performant bundle.

It’s not fair to hate on Microsoft when they have nothing against you.

They’re not forcing you to use their software; If you don’t like it, don’t use it. Want them to change something up for their own good? Send feedback to Windows Insider. Aren’t listening to you? Too bad for them. Something else forcing you to use Windows? Don’t blame the operating system, blame the thing forcing you to use Windows rather than Linux.

Summary: don’t see how a decent portion of the Linux community has a bias against Microsoft (assuming you were indirectly saying how Windows sucks) :confused: