Make garuda blackarch but still keeping garuda!

on the official blackarch website,

Summary

Installing on top of ArchLinux

• BlackArch Linux is compatible with existing/normal Arch installations. It acts as an unofficial user repository. Below you will find instructions on how to install BlackArch in this manner.

Run https://blackarch.org/strap.sh as root and follow the instructions.

$ curl -O https://blackarch.org/strap.sh

Verify the SHA1 sum

$ echo d062038042c5f141755ea39dbd615e6ff9e23121 strap.sh | sha1sum -c

Set execute bit

$ chmod +x strap.sh

Run strap.sh

$ sudo ./strap.sh

Enable multilib following Official repositories - ArchWiki and run:

$ sudo pacman -Syu

You may now install tools from the blackarch repository.

To list all of the available tools, run

$ sudo pacman -Sgg | grep blackarch | cut -d' ' -f2 | sort -u

To install all of the tools, run

$ sudo pacman -S blackarch

To install a category of tools, run

$ sudo pacman -S blackarch-

To see the blackarch categories, run

$ sudo pacman -Sg | grep blackarch

Note - it maybe be necessary to overwrite certain packages when installing blackarch tools. If

you experience "failed to commit transaction" errors, use the --needed and --overwrite switches

For example:

$ sudo pacman -Syyu --needed blackarch --overwrite='*'

As part of an alternative method of installation, you can build the blackarch packages from source. You can find the PKGBUILDs on github. To build the entire repo, you can use the blackman tool.

First, you must install blackman. If the BlackArch package repository is setup on your machine,

you can install blackman like:

$ sudo pacman -S blackman

Download, compile and install package:

$ sudo blackman -i

Download, compile and install whole category

$ sudo blackman -g

Download, compile and install all BlackArch tools

$ sudo blackman -a

To list blackarch categories

$ blackman -l

To list category tools

$ blackman -p

The complete tool list of the BlackArch Linux repository can be found here.

request-
please provide a official way to add tools of blackarch linux (not the ui) on top of garuda......but still retaining the garuda sweet style ui. i know its possible manually but its not the official way...... i want a ui integration to do the same. the neon ui vibes with the pentesting feel. it will create a tough competition for parrot and kali as they are compared to be EASIER than blackarch............but garuda can change it once n forever!

4 Likes

actually its on our todo list

10 Likes

Can you please adjust the text incl.

sudo pacman XYZ

Either the font is too big or the commands are too small.

3 Likes

i mean a way to convert it to blackarch but just the tools the looks remain the same... is that as it is in the todo list?

What difference would having an “official” way make?

For example, Garuda still wouldn’t provide you with technical support for the BlackArch repo and applications.

As it is, the “official” way to use the BlackArch repos is on the BlackArch site (and which you have linked to). :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

i would like to see if the garuda team tests it first before the users. i want a way by which garuda linux can run all blackarch tools but still retaining it look and feel and under the hood optimizations like the zen kernel. if blackarch is installed over stock arch, the theme of blackarch dominates, i want the tools only n not the blackarch theme. the easy graphical troubleshooting in garuda coupled with a good if not official integration would attract quite a debian-kali crowd for more tools in blackarch integrated garuda

You're wasting our time here.
This can be better used.

Do it yourself and test.
Then you are welcome to contact us again.

4 Likes

sorry you can close the thread now :frowning_face:

Hi @skulldealer

We will update you as soon as we will make our blackarch edition. It will take a bit of time.

5 Likes

I must not close if you stop writing :wink:

It does not help to repeat everything five times, that will not change our attitude or opinion.

Read again in peace what librewish has written,
it could have been finished long ago but... write now nothing just wait.

4 Likes

My own personal opinion is your directions on your OP is a recipe for disaster for new users, and would be better removed from the forum.

Like all alterations that most newbies enquire about, my answer is often if you have to ask you probably shouldn't be doing that.

Your directions will inevitably lead to system breakages, and there's no way Garuda could provide support for that radical a deviation from a standard install.

Like all things with Linux, you are free to do as you please with your own system. Experiment, tweak it, and break it to your hearts content. Just don't expect others to clean up your mess when you've broken things by radically altering the standard Garuda install.

If and when Garuda releases a Black Arch version I'm sure you'll hear about it. Until then, feel free to experiment and provide feedback to the team if you make any significant progress with your hybrid installations.

4 Likes

The option to install the repo is already available in the setup assistant btw

1 Like

Well I found This

1 Like

Damn, you guys spot everything :sweat_smile: :grin:

2 Likes

Yes whats next Dragonized GNOME :grinning:

1 Like

Thats sadly not really possible until GNOME supports native blur - there is an extension which blurs windows but its not yet in a state where its actually useful :frowning:

1 Like

Cant wait for GNOME 40.

1 Like

Dito! Once the time comes GNOME will need a complete rework anyway due to all extensions breaking (thanks GNOME! :roll_eyes:) :grin:

I mean GNOME extensions are very powerful. Material shell completely overhauls gnome.