Long boot time

All issues related to Garuda Linux and its assistance

#systemd-analyze blame
1min 19.194s upower.service                                                                           
     11.027s NetworkManager-wait-online.service                                                       
      2.911s systemd-swap.service                                                                     
      1.939s lvm2-monitor.service                                                                     
      1.772s dev-sda1.device                                                                          
      1.415s systemd-logind.service                                                                   
      1.315s firewalld.service                                                                        
      1.250s evdev-rce.service 

Welcome :slight_smile:
You can use

systemctl mask NetworkManager-wait-online.service

For more we need your

inxi -Fxxxza
systemd-analyze

:slight_smile:

You install on HDD?

1 Like

That might not help given that this:

seems to be the thing taking over a minute to start.

This could be related to a broken laptop battery or USB cable. Check the output of e.g. sudo journalctl -eu upower --no-pager .

3 Likes

❯ systemd-analyze                                  
Startup finished in 14.769s (firmware) + 2.791s (loader) + 2.308s (kernel) + 7.361s (userspace) = 27.231s 
graphical.target reached after 7.361s in userspace

❯ systemd-analyze blame
5.629s systemd-swap.service                                                                     
1.029s evdev-rce.service                                                                        
1.022s lvm2-monitor.service                                                                     
 686ms systemd-logind.service                                                                   
 551ms dev-sda2.device                                                                          
 503ms reflector.service                                                                        
 422ms upower.service                                                                           
 392ms snapd.service                                                                            
 386ms firewalld.service                                                                        
 291ms systemd-hostnamed.service                                                                
 269ms systemd-udevd.service                                                                    
 247ms systemd-journald.service                                                                 
 207ms systemd-timesyncd.service

Yes, my upower.service need 422ms, but after repair he must use "mask" to be fine :wink:

I start reading at 19 sec. :smiley: did not notice the 1 min OMG.

Thank you
I installed on SSD
I made a systemctl mask upower.service and is OK.
Sorry
I do not speak English. I translate everything through Google.

That has hidden the symptom rather than fixing the issue.

You could post in the #languages section in your native language. Someone might be able to help.

3 Likes

OK.
I'm Polish. I speak and write in Polish.

3 Likes