Long boot time

All issues related to Garuda Linux and its assistance

#systemd-analyze blame
1min 19.194s upower.service                                                                           
     11.027s NetworkManager-wait-online.service                                                       
      2.911s systemd-swap.service                                                                     
      1.939s lvm2-monitor.service                                                                     
      1.772s dev-sda1.device                                                                          
      1.415s systemd-logind.service                                                                   
      1.315s firewalld.service                                                                        
      1.250s evdev-rce.service 

Welcome :slight_smile:
You can use

systemctl mask NetworkManager-wait-online.service

For more we need your

inxi -Fxxxza
systemd-analyze

:slight_smile:

You install on HDD?

1 Like

That might not help given that this:

seems to be the thing taking over a minute to start.

This could be related to a broken laptop battery or USB cable. Check the output of e.g. sudo journalctl -eu upower --no-pager .

3 Likes

❯ systemd-analyze                                  
Startup finished in 14.769s (firmware) + 2.791s (loader) + 2.308s (kernel) + 7.361s (userspace) = 27.231s 
graphical.target reached after 7.361s in userspace

❯ systemd-analyze blame
5.629s systemd-swap.service                                                                     
1.029s evdev-rce.service                                                                        
1.022s lvm2-monitor.service                                                                     
 686ms systemd-logind.service                                                                   
 551ms dev-sda2.device                                                                          
 503ms reflector.service                                                                        
 422ms upower.service                                                                           
 392ms snapd.service                                                                            
 386ms firewalld.service                                                                        
 291ms systemd-hostnamed.service                                                                
 269ms systemd-udevd.service                                                                    
 247ms systemd-journald.service                                                                 
 207ms systemd-timesyncd.service

Yes, my upower.service need 422ms, but after repair he must use "mask" to be fine :wink:

I start reading at 19 sec. :smiley: did not notice the 1 min OMG.

Thank you
I installed on SSD
I made a systemctl mask upower.service and is OK.
Sorry
I do not speak English. I translate everything through Google.

That has hidden the symptom rather than fixing the issue.

You could post in the Languages section in your native language. Someone might be able to help.

3 Likes

OK.
I'm Polish. I speak and write in Polish.

3 Likes