Linux & Tech news 📰

Looks fantastic

5 Likes

here is a article that mentions Garuda kde as top 10 kde DE!

4 Likes

Thank you, we know the

"Garuda Linux is also an Arch based tolling release distribution"

tolling release.

7 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Share Some funny things :grin:

It is a holiday grab bag for KDE…ho…ho…HOE! :gift:

and a stocking stuffer! :socks:

KDE Wayland users have many reasons to be grateful this Christmas with yet more improvements having landed for the Plasma Wayland session. Plus KDE’s Konsole terminal emulator can now scroll about twice as fast as previously.

KDE’s Konsole Can Now Scroll 2x Faster, More Plasma Wayland Fixes

Other trivial tidbits…

And just when you can’t get enough of KDE, there is more…MORE APPS, that is!

Edit to add: Here is one for you Chromebook post 2008 owners who like to tinker with distros.

A new Linux for Chromebooks
Breath bootstraps Linux the way Chromebooks like it. It doesn’t rely on ChromeOS or custom firmware and supports all drivers on modern (post 2018) Chromebooks.

https://milkydeveloper.github.io/cb-linux/

7 Likes
7 Likes

Name a single person who uses a chromebook, i'll wait

2 Likes

A look at this March's Gnome 42 release, system dark mode and more....

Blaspheme! No mention of Garuda on this "Top Whatever" list, so they get a ... :christmas_tree: :poop:...that's right, a xmas poop.

Mention of OS-Prober being disabled in Grub 2.06? :man_shrugging: Let the controversy begin...

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2021-December/041769.html

And lastly, as if you needed more apps....meet Appimage Pool, a package manager for appimages with a nifty layout. I use Bauh for my appimages, but this is a nice standalone.

4 Likes

I don't use appimages

Awesome, you do you!

2 Likes
8 Likes

And people told me that I didn't need to be THAT paranoid...

2 Likes

Gimp updates today....with some improvements;

Interesting.... China forbids data encryption using the key greater than 256 bits

And here is a handy guide on how to install/setup and use OBS on different distros...

Lasty, Latte Dock gets LookNFeel support for distro creators and designers.

Edit to add one last item; Need a GUI that is supported currently for 'youtube-dl?' Look no further than TarTube...lots of features, use in classic mode or a database to handle all your downloads. Available now, in AUR.

6 Likes

https://www.howtostopfacebook.org/ :eyes:

9 Likes

A look at Duck Duck Go's Desktop Browser...

1 Like

This is something I will definitely be keeping an eye on. I have been playing with their ios browser the past few days, and it is neat. It is a lot like Firefox focus only better and in the address bar it shows what kinds of trackers it blocked which is neat. I am not sure if I would want a browser with a quick wipe button as my main browser for a pc but still it seems like a cool idea though.

1 Like

Well with Firefox taking their focus off the "privacy" aspect lately, it is nice to have alternatives.

1 Like

3 Likes

Wait you are running a self hosted search engine as a daily driver?

Seems so :slight_smile:

1 Like