Linux & Tech news πŸ“°

Happy 30th Birthday to our beloved Kernel!!!
:partying_face:

Happy Birthday Linux!

On 25th August, 1991 Mr. Linus Benedict Torvalds publicly announced Linux kernel.

11 Likes

Won't be big and professional...

10 Likes

Read the last line.

...... and it probably never will support anything other than At-harddisks, as that's all I have : - (

LMAO

7 Likes

How nice!

NDTV.com is one of my favorite channels. I love it and so great to see it referenced here in Garuda.

gary

:heart_eyes:

5 Likes
9 Likes
7 Likes

I have never spent time reading (in detail) these reviews, as I have been using Bitwarden most satisfactorily for a long time. Anyway, I just came across this:

3 Likes
4 Likes

I can't post a link (yet) as the issue in question is 'next' month... but the latest Linux Magazine has a review of Garuda Linux that actually was researched to a degree, including interviews. The reasons for its existence and direction are actually gone into!

Mention is also made of the Garuda assistant - and its capability of making things more accessible for the mid-level user. The gaming focus, and the intention of supporting modern hardware is also noted. It is very nice not to see the facts too buried in 'personal likes and dislikes' in a review! There is a mention that certain editions can have a Cyberpunk look (along with a screen shot!) - but no value judgement about that is made.

Interestingly, the ISO is made available on the accompanying DVD as well - so watch for a potential surge in flybys and tryouts...

9 Likes

Mental outlaw reviews Garuda Linux:

12 Likes

Mental Outlaw's review introduced me to Garuda. Good video. I've since uninstalled Windows and only have Garuda on my gaming rig. It's been a great day. :smiley:

9 Likes
7 Likes

We will never drop Firedragon! :muscle: :wink:

9 Likes

The reason is simple :joy:

7 Likes

hum... isn't this kinda unimportant, since its only in a community edition ?

2 Likes

Distrotube reviewed Qtile Edition:

11 Likes

I hate his shirt :smiley:

8 Likes

Must agree with DT. Most beautiful default system I've ever seen.

7 Likes

Hello everyone! there was another amazing review of Garuda! DistroTube has some great things to say about Qtile!

Congrats again to everyone here that make this the most Beautiful Distro Ever!!!

sorry for the original location posted# didn’t see

4 Likes

so many small jokes I could make about this video :slight_smile:

I will start with DT thinking "QTile deserves more attention" .. so its like vivaldi ? :stuck_out_tongue: ta dum bssss...

hehe

But I would like to interject for a moment.... what you actually call Garuda Linux is actually ... oops, wrong forum.
I would like to interject for a moment that every reviewer focus only on the GUI bling bling, and doesn't notice the huge packages from chaotic, the very well done garuda settings ( with very interesting command and options and backup systems ) and the awesome configs of the shells, kernel and system.

What Garuda most impacted my workflow was on the shells/command line. Seeing these newage RIIR gnu tools made me really amp the command line flow. it was awesome before ... its unbelievably awesome now !

Definitely its the system and the "under the hood" stuff that keeps me in Garuda and not going back to gentoo ( at least not yet :stuck_out_tongue: ... usually gentoo always wins me back ).

I was only surprised with a NOT super configured neovim.... well ... spacevim and spacemacs are cool :slight_smile:

8 Likes