Linux & Tech news 📰

That guy is an absolute madlad. Normal words cant express how f*cked his history of life was :joy: I mean, he was for sure living the dream. Drugs, sex, money, military & suspected murder to name a few :crazy_face: Not that he cared about what anyone thought about him lol

7 Likes

Sync of bookmarks , various settings including experimental features flag ,theme & customization , send text to desktop, download on phone, using laptop as security key, preference across product at a single click is still useful after stripping snoop & forcing to their ecosystem :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Its handy! Very handy even, cant deny that :eyes: its convenient and easy. Still, I prefer a bit more less of having it all together and actually having my data reasonable safe :grin:
You are digging deep :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thats y maintaing a complex system like using api key in chromium and using tor for sensitive purpose, blocking third party cookie , decentralised CNS , spoofing user agent key , tracker block,linux (minimal digital footprint) and many :sunglasses: (inside :sweat: )but outside :sunglasses: :love_you_gesture:t5:

1 Like

I am absolutely a nostalgic person.
Making the old new fascinates me.
Although this article just reminds me a little bit of who I used to be when I was young: at the end of college, a happy and enthusiastic Linux user still (more or less) in its infancy (1995-96). I was using Slackware, and from my college town to the small town where I lived I had brought this "new thing". The local ISP provider even gave me a year's free (dial-up!) connection in exchange for setting up Internet access to a Linux user (a lady studying in the USA back for summer holidays).
Then I got lost, due to work, in the windoze world....

10 Likes

Yet , Windows 3.1 and 99 was nostalgia

Maybe, but Windows for Workgroups 3.11 was the bee’s knees.

1 Like

At least it was compare to the previous versions! After all, those .ini files prepared me for a life full of .conf files! And they worked, too - unlike the silly database ‘registry’ abortion they came up with later…

3 Likes
5 Likes

X86_64 v3 May Roll out soon

Arch Linux has performed 9% higher in

Benchmark

It seems to increase performance ,more notable in older cpu.

Source :

Reddit post about Recompiled Arch Linux

Instructions to enable ALHP :

https://git.harting.dev/anonfunc/ALHP.GO

6 Likes

On iiiiit :grin:

core-x86-64-v3 is up to date
extra-x86-64-v3                                  1438,4 KiB  1361 KiB/s 00:01 [--------------------------------------------] 100%
community-x86-64-v3 is up to date
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
chaotic-aur is up to date
6 Likes

Guys, i warn you to use this repo in a production enviroment, since he uses a complete wrong solution and just provides NORMAL x86_64 packages compiled with -march=x86-64-v3.

He's script is mostly good written but thats not the solution which arch will use.

I found a workaround how to provide a similar solution which arch will provide in feature.

4 Likes

Worked great here, in a vanilla Arch + Plasma environment. Why do you think Arch wouldn't adopt that strategy in future? What, if anything, do you might think that they could or may adopt instead?

regards

3 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

Firefox 90 has disabled support for FTP.

FTP support has been removed

5 Likes

Imo, this is a really nice step, and will promote Linux gaming as well as Arch Linux.

13 Likes

This is real and no joke? :exploding_head:

Being powered by Archlinux and Plasma.. mhmmmm :innocent: I want one of those, I'm sure other things can as well be done with it ? :eyes:

8 Likes

Yeah, other os, including the proprietary one, can be installed, afaik.

But most people like to go with default. And if one can play nice games with high performance, why would he choose to change operating system?

And I am really glad that there is now some serious Linux representation in gaming gears.

8 Likes

It's nice to see SteamOS switching over from debian to arch :+1:

6 Likes