Linux & Tech news 📰

7 Likes

Always with the snakes in the grass. :snake:

6 Likes

Not an April Fools Joke. Preview on Windows Dev Channel build, so it's at least a year away from being in production builds.

7 Likes

That still doesn't solve the main problem - Windows itself. The more I learn from somewhat tech-savy users on Windows the more I want to recommend Linux, candle, and our holy manuals.

7 Likes

Same here, specially for software devs and web devs, Is so much easier to install docker, the programming language of their choice, the tools (especially on arch based distros whre you compile the tool from source and have the latest updates.) And With the universities accepting more and more linux office apps and migrating to pdf, even academics can use it.

4 Likes

At least open source don't have these tension
:grin:

6 Likes

I'm not sure who the biggest thief is here. :thinking:

3 Likes

Off course, who steals billions of dollars.

3 Likes

Ooops... wrong thread. Meant to be posted in Share some funny things
:wink:

9 Likes

Can we have steve jobs back he was way better than the new CEO.

As far as I know, ms never had Steve Jobs as CEO

It first CEO was Bill Gates and current is Satya Nadella.

Btw, if wish is to be made, I want MS to be open source supporter. Nothing else I can expect from it.

1 Like

it’s already is. But every time MS contributes, there is a lot of spookiness involved :eyes:

1 Like

Naah, about 99% is "money minded"
What do you think? Ms loves open source that's why it bought github? Nope, ms bought github because of profit. You will see that by comparing pricing of gitlab and github.

Gimme more examples when MS has any open source software.
Ms calculator? Notepad ? Edge?
:rofl:

5 Likes

But... VSCode... :laughing:

3 Likes

I meant apple :apple: but VS code is good software.

So what do you think I kept 1% for

4 Likes

Well, it's a question what percentage of VS itself is open source? The features that it's supposed to do like text editing may be, but we don't know what shenanigans are going on in the back...

4 Likes

Most of it there are 2 versons

VS code
VS code (Open source / OSS)
it is like chromium and chrome.

4 Likes

Couldn't agree more. Money is still the driving force of this world, doesn't matter whether or not you consider yourself leftist

2 Likes
5 Likes