Linux & Tech news πŸ“°

Dave, as you know, Garuda is Arch+ (plus a lotta stuff), but is still unrequited Arch under the covers. So, yeah, as soon as Arch releases it to stable it will be available.

pacman -Syu will do the trick at that time, as always.

https://archlinux.org/packages/?sort=&q=plasma&maintainer=&flagged=

4 Likes

It is out! This update also includes the appmenu look change I know we've all been waiting for!

10 Likes

what appmenu look change ?

The global one just looks a little more like the traditional in-window one, with completely square shades.

3 Likes

From Telegram

3 Likes

Interesting.

Hit it Simon & Garfunkel....
:musical_note: Goodbye, old compiz pieces, my old friend
KDE devs have come to take your bloated code again
And the vision that was planted in my desktop
Still remains
Within a database that has been.... silenced :musical_note:

:sob:

5 Likes

I just found that cube effect setting yesterday. I updated, rebooted, and now it slides. I thought my setting just didn't stick but I forgot where the effects settings are. That Cube Effect was very cool. Glad I got to see it before it was removed. lol.

5 Likes

Bug squashing.... :bug:

8 Likes

INR 1900 = US $25.39

7 Likes

Please move it to

:smiley:

2 Likes

11 Likes

Iirc, last time I physically cleaned my pc was over 2 months ago, and the cloth I used was my old t-shirt.

9 Likes

That is a lot of money to shell out for polishing a turd. :man_shrugging: :laughing:

7 Likes

KDE Plasma Readies Its NVIDIA GBM Support, Fingerprint Authentication Added....and More

6 Likes
11 Likes

Maybe because Linux users know the value of money.

7 Likes

They also know how to file a bug report.

15 Likes

Filing proper bug reports and troubleshooting the issue with a developer is tedious time consuming work. However, you can't expect much from free software if you're not willing to help out, and you certainly have no right to complain if you dont.

It can be really frustrating dealing with new Linux users fresh off the boat after fleeing Windows subjugation. The concept is so foreign to most Windows users that it is really hard to alter the "not my problem" mindset of those from the commercial OS worlds.

As the old saying goes, "You don't get nothing for nothing". If you expect to use free software you also have a responsibility to help improve it by filing bug reports. Don't bother complaining about bugs if you're not prepared to help resolve them.

To most seasoned Linux users filing bug reports is simply second nature. Windows users, not so much.

14 Likes

Working with developers can be fun. Helping out can also bring a sense of investiture.

10 Likes