KDE-git edition coordination

It might be KDE's partition manager that's responsible for bringing in kpmcore.

1 Like

calamares definitely needs kpmcore but why would ntfs-3g require kpmcore?

1 Like

We do have most PKGBUILDs not maintained by João located in our GitHub org, this one for example is here GitHub - chaotic-aur/pkgbuild-kpmcore-git: PKGBUILD for kpmcore-git. I just added the proper conflicts/provides which means this should no longer be an issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry, i think I saw it wrongly… Seems it has kpmcore as optional, not dependency.

My grep scripts failed me :frowning:

1 Like

lots of updates and new packages !
Thanks @dr460nf1r3

.... funny how I am not doing ... anything .... feel like a freeloader....

updated list of missing pkgs:

kf5:

local/kcalendarcore
local/kdav
local/kimageformats
local/kross

plasma:

local/breeze-gtk
local/discover
local/drkonqi
local/kde-gtk-config
local/ksshaskpass
local/kwrited
local/plasma-disks
local/plasma-firewall
local/plasma-systemmonitor
local/plasma-thunderbolt
local/plasma-vault
local/plasma-workspace-wallpapers
local/sddm-kcm
local/xdg-desktop-portal-kde
1 Like

Are you comfortable with writing PKGBUILDs? Actually, you “just” need to adapt the official PKGBUILD (get it with paru -G kdav) :eyes:
@IslandC0der the plan is to get a full kf5/plasma-git :smiley:

1 Like

I will have a go at it. I am more comfortable with ebuilds, but PKGBUILDS seem even simpler.

1 Like

and apps ? at least, stable apps but recompiled to use the git kf5, or else hell will break loose from time to time.

Dunno if a “repo/overlay” solution would be best

1 Like

They are indeed. Existing PKGBUILDs by @islandc0der can serve as example on how to do it :smiley:

Apps would make sense as well.

2 Likes

ok, so rather talk here:

so reconfirmation of qqca2-desktop-style being the issue.

Installing that package makes all the bugs reappear ( I installed only that package from garuda, skipping dependencies, to confirm ).

Now I will do the inverse and try to fix the PKGBUILD if rereconfirmed!

1 Like

well .. the issue is definitely with qqc2-desktop-style.

so full garuda kde-git , but with manjaro qqc2-desktop-style package = no bugs

also

so full garuda kde-git , but with aur qqc2-desktop-style package (built locally) = no bugs

2 Likes

Yes! paru qqc2-desktop-style-git does it. So maybe a rebuild by chaotic is all that’s needed :pray:

Thanks for zeroing in on that. There is still the problem of partitioning for installation on hardware

1 Like

Yep, top notch detective work @alexjp, a rebuilt did indeed solve the issue of system settings not following the colorscheme :partying_face:

Update: I ensured all other packages that didn't receive a commit for a longer time are rebuilt as well.

Update 2: In case someone wants to test, build succeeded in its current state :slight_smile: Also:

5 Likes

All of those are now added to the repo :partying_face:

Solved by creating dolphin-git-git and konsole-git-git, which are built against -git packages. If someone has a better idea on how to name them, lemme know :smiley:

3 Likes

Urgh. If it’s a -git package then it’s built against the Git repo. If there’s a pre-release version then that could go in a different PKGBUILD (e.g. kate-pre or kate-devel or something). -git-git doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

Well the problem which exists here is that some popular applications like these 2 are being used by a lot of people who don't want to bring in every single kde package as -git by installing this one. I had people complain to me about trying to on kate-git iirc. So there has to be a way to distinguish between them :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Why does installing kate-git bring in other -git packages? The other -git packages should also provide the standard non-git package, and kate-git doesn't depend on any -git packages?

url="https://www.kde.org/applications/utilities/kate/"
depends=(knewstuff ktexteditor kactivities kuserfeedback hicolor-icon-theme)
optdepends=('konsole-git: open a terminal in Kate'

Except for konsole-git, but that's an optdepend.

2 Likes

I changed it to pull them in when I adopted the package but had to revert the change :confused:
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/commit/?h=kate-git&id=d8ae1c0ffe50778eb2ecbd15008430a34f3832ff

1 Like

OK, so then why is kate-git-git needed?

If this is a prepared image then the package list will just contain the KDE -git packages by default?

To have a package which only against -git packages, like the rest of this isos -git packages :eyes: