KDE Dr460nized freezes

Hi Everybody,

Recently I switched to Garuda Linux from Kali Linux and it is pretty amazing but I faced a issue which needs to solved. Actually my Garuda Linux freezes after minutes of use. It has been 4 days that I installed this distro and it freezes 3-4 times daily and I have to hard reset it to get back working. It is annoying for me and loses my data after reboot. I'm facing this type of issue for the first time as my system works fine with Kali Linux. Hope this screenshot of my system will help you

Screenshot_2

Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

The first thing I always do whenever I start experiencing freezes is to test at least 3 alternate kernels.

Is your bios up to date?

We really need more information about your system, please post:

inxi -Fxxxza

Pictures are not the preferred method of providing command outputs on the forum, only post logs and terminal commands as text please. Please use three of these symbols ~ before and after any terminal outputs that you post. This ensures that the output is formatted correctly in a proper code block on the forum.

Example:

~~~
your terminal output here
~~~
1 Like

he only has 6.8 gig of ram, this could be part of it?

Ya, I saw that as well but:

I wouldn’t think the ram is maxed out after only just starting up. I always suspect the kernel whenever a crash/freeze situation is occurring regularly. Hardware is unlikely here as it works properly on other OS’s and an overheat condition shouldn’t exist right after startup either.

2 Likes

turn off cool and quiet function in bios. this option should be turned off in ryzen systems because it seems to cause issues with the kernel.

1 Like

I’ve faced this on Arch with tkg kernel as well as Garuda, could you try installing and checking on any other kernel

sudo pacman -S linux/linux-lts && sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Hi tbg,

Here is the asked info:

CPU: Quad Core AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (-MT MCP-) 
speed/min/max: 1590/1600/2000 MHz 
Kernel: 5.10.4-107-tkg-bmq x86_64 
Up: 54m 
Mem: 3794.0/6958.3 MiB (54.5%) 
Storage: 1.02 TiB (11.8% used) 
Procs: 281 
Shell: Bash inxi: 3.2.01

After few googling, I found this post which perfectly describes my issue:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/259219/troubleshooting-new-linux-system-keeps-freezing

A post 4 years old is garbage info in practice.
Check your journal for error messages of a previous frozen session.
For your previous boot:

journalctl -b -1 -xp3 --no-hostname --no-pager
journalctl -b -1 -rp4 -n 300 --no-hostname --no-pager 

More about troubleshooting
General Filtered journal

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: System freezes randomly