Install multiple desktops with the Garuda themes on Garuda

I cannot decide what version of Garuda I want to use, so I want to install Dr460nized, GNOME, Wayfire, and i3wm. Is there a way to get them all on the same installation with the Garuda themes and stuff?

There is not you can only use one at one time.

Or VM

Okay. Which one do you recommend the most?

If you have a decent PC go for Dragonized.

You can always install all of them, butt you needs serious amount of storage but the catch is you can only use one at a time

Okay. I've tried dragonized before and I really like it.

I understand those constraints and I know how to install additional desktop environments in Arch Linux, but how do you install the Garuda themes and stuff for each of them?

You dont they are included in the installer it is done automatically and please change the cateogary to issues

Do you mean "upgrading" to another DE

^^Universally aplicable

1 Like

Cool! Thank you! That helps a lot.

BTW, we're not going to help you out of the hot mess you are creating. Just saying...

4 Likes

I know. I like doing stupid stuff like this on my extra PC.

2 Likes

Somewhat less likely to end up a hot mess is to create additional users - and set them up individually with the alternatives. If they have common access to data directories (that are set up with permissions for multi-access) then this can be viable... that is to say.. this CAN be viable. Good luck...

3 Likes

This is not true. You can install other DEs just fine. You can find all the garuda specific customizations in the gitlab. Just clone the repo corresponding to your DE and apply it.

1 Like

I suggest you either read the whole conversation and actually read what I said. or kindly quote the person who you were pointing to.

1 Like

If you feel this is good advice I guess you’ll have no shortage of help requests from FrankenDE multi grafters when I refer them your way for assistance with the problems they spawn. :rofl:

4 Likes

The issue is not with installing other DEs - it is having them functioning correctly in the same userspace. Sometimes (!) settings and configurations conflict…:exploding_head:

6 Likes

Welp I had no idea different DE's could conflict.

1 Like

True, but you can install and run any application, whether it's GTK, QT, or whatever to your main DE, it doesn't seem to matter much. You'll pull in a lot of dependencies and may have a few minor application decorative or start problems, but they're fixable.

KDE Plasma seems to handle GTK decorations okay, but with the GNOME Shell you need something like Kvantum to decorate KDE/QT applications.

3 Likes

So in theory you could use DE's that dont use the same underlying toolkit simultaneously. I imagine thats what causes the conflict.

1 Like