Im japanese im new here This is my self-introduction(my english still not good sorry)

First of all, I would like to say that this is a rather long and detailed self-introduction, but if you have time, I hope you will read it. I’ll start with a little background about my life so far. To be honest, I’ve had a difficult life in the past, so I don’t like to think about it too much. I won’t go into details, but I hope you understand that it was a difficult experience for me. I’m tired of explaining it to each and every one of you.
My name is Kenyu, I’m Japanese. I may be the only Japanese person in this garuda community. I currently live in Yokohama. I teach computer skills as an online Japanese teacher, but I’m also studying to become a security engineer. I have been caring for my sick mother for over 10 years since I was in elementary school. I had to drop out of university because of my responsibility to my mother, who had multiple illnesses such as collagen disease, hernia, depression, and rheumatism. I take care of all her needs, including feeding her, bathing her, and taking her to the hospital.
Caring for my mother is a difficult experience, but sometimes I feel overwhelmed and want to escape from this life. But I tell myself to do my best and take care of her mother the best I can. Sometimes I wonder if I’m doing a good job, but I know I’m doing my best. I mostly stay at home and only go out to go shopping or to the hospital. My physical and mental health has been affected by constant caregiving and I have suffered from insomnia and other mental health issues.
I lost my father to stomach cancer when I was 19 years old, and since then I have lived with my girlfriend’s mother. I try to stay positive and keep in touch with friends.
I’m interested in technology, security, programming, and Linux. My hobbies include watching movies, playing games, reading, manga, anime, etc.
Thank you for reading this long message. Thank you for your consideration and support. We look forward to hearing from you again in the future. Have a nice day!

PS: Since I was introducing myself, I talked about myself, but I’m sorry if I also talked about things that have nothing to do with garuda. And since I’m still learning English and I’m not good at it yet, I use translation.

14 Likes

Nice to see you @Kenyuu
garuda welcome 2

:smiley:
Hoping you will enjoy our community :slightly_smiling_face:

Summary

BTW, when you will look at my English skills then you will become more confident about your skills :joy:

I can’t imagine from what situation you are going through, mostly because I don’t have any such kind of responsibility as I am of 18 but I wish you a good health and take care of yourself :slightly_smiling_face: :smile:

7 Likes

Welcome to Garuda :hugs:

7 Likes

You are welcome!

5 Likes

Japan is my favourite country I’ve visited. Welcome

7 Likes

It is also the origin of the Floorp browser :star_struck: definitely one of the countries I have to visit in the future.

7 Likes

It is nice to “meet” you, @Kenyuu.

Experiences such as yours can only be accomplished by empathetic and compassionate people. I applaud you for those high moral values. This world we live in can only be improved by people such as yourself. That being said, you can only be effective if you care for your own health.

I doubt you’re the only Japanese person here. Garuda is very much an international Linux distribution, but regardless, you are in good company! :slight_smile:

We welcome you to our Garuda community & family.

11 Likes

Me too!!
But definitely there are people in Japan too who are using garuda :smiley:

10 Likes

Very good video. Hyprland :smiley:
@Kenyuu 12:45 min

2024-03-12T12:39:14,146601406+01:00

IDK if this help about your Browser problem?

9 Likes

Oh you have too for real. Like it’s incredible. Respectful people, clean streets, shrines and temples everywhere and the most beautiful lakes and parks. I went to Osaka, Nara, Kyoto, Nagoya and Tokyo. I want to go back to see more of the north rural areas and Mount Fuji. Walking through Nara was surreal with all the wild deer free roaming haha

5 Likes

I still haven’t made it to Japan, even though Kumamoto has been our sister city since 1992.
But just the view from the plain when flying over is breathtakingly beautiful!

2 Likes

Welcome :smiley: .

It saddens me to read about your mother, but I admire you for being there for her. My mother moved to another state when I was 11, and succumbed to her alcoholism when I was 21. Sometimes, I feel regret for not going with her. I often wonder if it would have made any difference had I gone and been there for her.

I’m not trying to make this post about me, but just wanted to say at least you wont live with a regret in your later years. You are doing what you can, and you being there still speaks volumes.

Wishing good health to you and your family.

5 Likes

Great to have you here!

Also, props on the English. I’ve met many, many native English speakers with worse grammar. Everything was clear and easy to understand, with comma usage among the best that I’ve seen. Well done!

6 Likes

No, it would not have. Alcoholism is much stronger than any family bonds. For you there is Al-Anon, and even though your mother has slipped her surly bonds, the impact on your life goes on. They can help you live without any undeserved guilt.

3 Likes

Sometimes I wonder why peoples see alcohols as a fun thing instead of health hazard :slightly_smiling_face:

Well, I haven’t been to college till yet, but in general I haven’t seen anyone taking alcohol in my family no one tried to drink it , once my father was gifted some chocolates which had little amount of alcohol type thing mixed but no one wanted to eat it and at last it was thrown as it got spoiled :sweat_smile:

Sorry for OT but I have seen alcohols way more generalized then the way I have seen normally around me .
3 Likes
Some more offtopic

German politicians in a nutshell:

It basically makes fun of the German CSU making fun of the new Cannabis legalisation :upside_down_face: (you may know Bavaria and the Octoberfest)

So yeah, it’s quite common here :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Lol, I don’t know anything but I don’t mind to know either :stuck_out_tongue:

Summary

PS: if very big political figures here are found drinking alcohols through secret cameras then opposition can use that as a weapon for defaming that figyre :sweat_smile:

Juust politics after all :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

We know that. :wink:

Just kidding my friend. :hugs:
3 Likes

あなたには敬意しかない!このコミュニティは素敵な人たちでいっぱいです。
また、英会話の練習が必要なときは、私に声をかけてください!日本語も勉強したいです :slight_smile:

Nothing but respect to you! This community is full of lovely people, and I am looking forward reading more from you.
Also, if you ever need someone to practice English speaking, just hit me up! Would also love to learn some Japanese :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello to everyone. I would like to reply to you all with a thank you comment, but I have a comment limit, so it’s difficult. So I would like to write here to thank you all. Thank you all for your warm comments. I hope we can be friends from now on.^^

6 Likes