I want to completely remove garuda from my system and move to another distro?

If you want to install Win10 on a laptop on which Win7 or 10 was already preinstalled at the time of purchase, write off the key on the underside of the device. You need it if you don't want to pay anything for the download.

1 Like

nah I'm not gonna take someone else's key it's was previously my laptop but sold it to them but thx tho

Thanks you all for giving me pointers on how to do that these past 4 days have been a great learning experience and experience I can use when I come back thanks y'all I really mean it @Stroke_Finger @dr460nf1r3 @sunda @fbodymechanic @waeking

1 Like

It would not be someone else's key, but the key for Windows on the device in question, no matter whose hands it is in. Or have I misunderstood something?

oh I had thought if you do that it would transfer the key and then the computer would be rendered useless until another key was bought? if that makes any sense?

Just came here to signup and want to help this guy.

My friend. Use Etcher. Do it from scratch. U mean if you're on linux already.
The issue there is from making the ISO bootable.

From there use the None Nvidia if you are Nvidia. Just update it later on.

1 Like

The key on the back is only valid for this device. Other keys do not fit. It doesn't matter who the owner is.

thanks man also welcome to the community I'll still be active just more behind the scenes until then

ok so let me get this straight i can take the key and put it on an entirely different computer like the one i have linux on in the meantime and nothing will go wrong if so sweet i can save $140 dollars on a key then if i'm understanding you correctly?

No, you can't. You have to make do with the key on the back. If there is no Win key there, then no Win was preinstalled and you have to buy Windows. But not for $ 140, please. US $ 40 is already too much!

shit half the time 20 bucks is to much for me lol

You can use win 10 WITHOUT a key.

ISO - make choices, download.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO

Creation tool

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-installation-media-for-windows-99a58364-8c02-206f-aa6f-40c3b507420d

All simple - your choice

so for "cosmetic restrictions" they mean like the ability to change wallpaper and stuff like that but i can still download and play steam and things of that nature?

Alright, I just thought but anwyays,

Im using my whole Omen laptop RTX 2070 Max-Q all on garuda.
It was on Ubuntu before.

Try reading the link - est time 4 minutes.

that's cool let me know how it is! :smiley:

Im now updating all the package. Running Smoothly

lmao sorry stopped reading literally right before i got to that part my bad

I wish I was able to say the same for myself when i did lol but you can look at my previous topics if you have trouble out of your graphics card i did out of mine (kinda but not really) i have a 3070 in mine but ill have to put in more time to learn when i get a cheaper computer

I did that with XP. But that's really not exactly perfect either. Support is probably also missing. Without updates, Windows is even more dangerous than it already is.