How to use free vpn

"HI" i wanna help of you to download free VPN.I do not want to become anonymous but in any browser when i visit a site this shit message is appear."This site can't be reached" So i think when i use VPN this problem will be fixed

Installation of a vpn client should not be a big problem. First you have to select the proper provider. The best thing here could be to search for reviews on the internet. There are even too many…
Then you search the selected name in add remove software. Normally those packages are available in the AUR repository.
You could also search here in the forum, when you have decided the provider. Eg.

4 Likes

Thanks but, I use vpn because in browser "this site can't be reached appear" So I think there is better option to fix this other than VPN. If yes there is another solution tell me

Does the website exist? Is is the correct address you are typing? or maybe a browser problem

2 Likes

NO, i run on any browser opera,chromium,brave,firfox in all this message appear This site can't be reached server IP address could not be found.

Opera has it's own VPN. Are you saying you can't get to the site even with it? If so then the site is probably dead.

1 Like

Means that the website is not up. Maybe you got the address wrong, or the website has been taken down.

Which one?

Not that I’m keen on opening a site I don’t know, but maybe someone else can check it.

Have you tried pinging?

ping -c 3 garudalinux.org
PING garudalinux.org (104.21.84.90) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 104.21.84.90 (104.21.84.90): icmp_seq=1 ttl=58 time=19.1 ms
64 bytes from 104.21.84.90 (104.21.84.90): icmp_seq=2 ttl=58 time=17.8 ms
64 bytes from 104.21.84.90 (104.21.84.90): icmp_seq=3 ttl=58 time=16.1 ms

--- garudalinux.org ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2003ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 16.050/17.655/19.073/1.241 ms
4 Likes

Hello. You can use tor vpn. I did not have problems described above.

1 Like

the opera's VPN is temporarily closed.that's why i question for VPN

No it's not, nor has it been for 3 weeks I've been using it.

I used protonvpn-cli extensively with great results in linux debian but have not yet succeeded in installing it on garuda, although they do have instructions for arch users. Never got it to work yet, and typically try once every 6 months or so.

protonvpn works like a charm now. they have a gui as well. they have a package in the AUR

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.