Hotfix required pop-up

This popped up today. Putting (Recommended) without any details of the hot fix is the fastest way to have users hit "NO" :laughing: :laughing:

Did a quick search of the forum and didn't find any info on this - what was it?

1 Like

I saw the same thing. Clicked no, (i'm working didn't know what it was, etc), but still got a message it was applied...

2 Likes

Oh dealt with that when it was raised, so the hotfix will do nothing.

I'd suggest putting info on the hotfix in future pop-ups :wink:

4 Likes

Came here for the same reason, contemplated uninstalling garuda-system-maintenance

That's one of our approaches towards making Arch accessible guys :eyes:

6 Likes

A link to a forum post / official source explaining what exactly is being hotfixed would be nice, instead of keeping it ambiguous. Came here for the same reason.

2 Likes

Yeah that's appreciated, it just lacked info.

3 Likes

Same here :slight_smile:
Tiny info or url to patch would be useful.

3 Likes

i clicked 'yes' because i have some amount of trust in the garuda team and was also aware of the pipewire issue and i figured that was the reasoning for the hotfix, but i agree with the suggestion of more infos in the popups as well.

thanks guys! =-)

2 Likes

Short memory? Searching skills to be improved? :wink:

6 Likes

I get and appreciate that. But also, hinting at ways to learn the insides is also good for noobs (like me). TBH I felt uneasy to accept the hotfix, mostly out of wating to know what the system is doing/suggesting (most of the time). I like to peek into the procedure even if I don´t understand everything.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Oh? That might be a bug. Oh no...

1 Like

I'll look into improving this, it's just not easy to add additional info with the absolutely screwed method I use to detect updates to the hotfix package. Thanks for the feedback everyone, would've been cool if I got this feedback when I initially asked for it tho :wink:

6 Likes

yeah, i'd have probably accepted it, but i'm working and since it didn't say what it was I wasn't sure, so said no. Then had the window in the corner say it successfully applied. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have even come here to check. I wanted to let you know :slight_smile:

Looks like this was something originally asked about a few months ago, which looks like it was asked before i switched to Garuda, so didn't know what it was or that i should give feedback. :slight_smile:

I will say I love that the devs are responsive here.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Transaction could not be completed (conflicting files)

Ok so i guess this pop up will vanish once

Hope i am understanding this correct!

Only a visual bug! It doesn’t actually apply anything. Whew.

Will be in the next version! Thanks for the feedback everyone!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.