Garuda Linux Wikipedia Page

Recently I learnt about Garuda Linux and tried searching for some information on Wikipedia, and then realized there wasn't a page for it. I created a page and added very basic information to it, some of which might be inaccurate. Currently I don't have much time to contribute to it, but if anyone wants to contribute to the official Wikipedia page then click here. I know Garuda Linux has it's own mini Wiki, I still prefer reading from Wikipedia though and some others might agree.

Don't mean to sound desperate or anything, but if you want to contribute then go ahead. Also let me know if I'm posting this in the wrong place, I apologize if I do.

2 Likes

I edited some things and added a little, also contested the deleteion Talk:Garuda Linux - Wikipedia
We'll see if they let it stay :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I hope so, it makes no sense that the Wikipedia page might get removed. We aren't including promotion, anything along those lines.

Damn...they deleted the Wikipedia page. I'm currently trying to convince them it's not advertising in any form.

1 Like

Their description about advertisement or promo is not strict to the word.
You need to be neutral in your description text/article, writing mostly facts and technical details, not impressions.

Maybe use this topic to draft an article, so there is some help on it. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Wikipedia is funny, Seems like last time someone tried to add us, in May, they took it down for copyright infringement of DistroWatch.com: Garuda Linux :upside_down_face:

Works :slight_smile:

Outdated "about" but work :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe the proper way would be translating this page, then

2 Likes

Wiki is very special.

2 Likes

I don't recall seeing the Wiki authors around here, not by the usernames listed there. Why is that, @SGS?

1 Like

Wasn't aware a German translation of Garuda Linux Wikipedia page existed. I guess I'll copy paste the information and translate it too English.

1 Like

Jesus, I copy pasted and translated from the German Wikipeia page regarding Garuda Linux. Then I again get flagged for Promotion and Advertising. I even edited the whole thing and made it sound a lot less like an advertisement.

1 Like

There is the new Wikipedia page if anyone is interested.

4 Likes

I’m not actually Australian, I just live here, but good work :+1:

4 Likes

We do not know the authors, these are independent, which is best for a neutral description of the subject.

For your many efforts and work, thank you very much. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I keep getting told I'm trying to promote Garuda Linux, and the Wikipedia page is probably going to get deleted. If you could go to the Wikipedia page (link above) and contest, then that would help a lot. Editing the Wikipedia and including better information will most likely prevent it from becoming removed.

3 Likes

I have told you the best approach

The article needs work to be suitable for wikipedia.
There are many other distros, including Arch-based (including semi-commercial) that are public.
If you like to do it right, read how the others do it :man_shrugging: .
My main advice is

• Make Open-sorce and Free clearly noticable and in the beggining.
  • Before actually complete this article, try to edit/add the List of Arch/pacman based distros.
  • Add as many links to the posted content as possible.
3 Likes

Thanks, I assume I didn't read your message properly. I'm going to create a draft article and share it here.

Its already done.

1 Like

Does Garuda Linux include a CLI installation option? If that is an option, can you link me to Wiki page that explains that.