Garuda Linux Wikipedia Page

No.

Calamares is best and easiest way :slight_smile:

Thanks, I might need to ask a lot of questions. Should I create a new thread for it, or keep using this one as it is still related to Garuda Linux Wikipedia page

You didn’t click the link :laughing:
Wikipedia provides Linux distros lists, one of them is Pacman-based.
Check it out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:scream:

No.

Yes.

Are you registered with wikipedia?
If so, how long?

Seems like they only believe experienced users who have already made contributions. How do you become an experienced user if they don’t allow contributions from new users? :wink:

Wait and see if the wiki approves it.
You now have some links, more text. Wait and see is the motto now.

There is no Garuda but here :wink:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Arch-based_distributions

But there is a german wiki without your link.
Why???

1 Like

I am registered on Wikipedia and I presume for approximately a year? Also I've re-phrased almost everything in the Wikipedia page, and included more information related to Garuda Linux. If you would like to devote time to include links and correct/add information thne that would be appreciated. It would make it less likely for the Wikipedia team to delete the Wikipedia page.

Can someone link me to a page regarding the Release History? If you want to understand what I'm talking about then click here, and scroll down to Release History.

Also the history of Garuda Linux

First thing,

History

Garuda Linux was released during April 2020.

It should be

Garuda Linux was first released to public on 23rd March 2020.

Regarding version history, and other important history, refer to #announcements

3 Likes
2 Likes

Looks fine now :slight_smile:

If anyone has any thoughts on this, let's hear them.

1 Like

The wiki is looking good :smiley:

I've mentioned this to SGS personally already. What this Wikipedia page lacks is information and sources. All of the sources can't be from Garuda Linux because they consider it "from the product". The problem is that there aren't many sources available too use. If anyone wants to include more sources then we'd appreciate that a lot.

I agree, but there are a lot of them that are not there and should be IMHO, adding credibility and trust.
Consider adding links (or references, IDK wikipedia policy):

• Make the 1st 2 words in 1st paragraph a link to main garuda page
  • In section * Desktop Environments* (I would add an s here), make the edition title name a link to Downloads. Here @Naman could add separate links at Download page, one for each edition (also helps traffic :wink: ) and later add them in wikipedia.
  • In section * Desktop Environments*, make the DEs (end of line?) links to developers pages, usually Github/Gitlab etc.
  • In Developers, add links to each person’s github/gitlab etc. page.
  • There should be a link to gitlab-garuda-linux somewhere, preferrably in the 1st paragraph.

@tbg might want to add his skill in writing and cosmetize the content, where it needs (but not write any long stories! :rofl: )

5 Likes

2021-08-07_22-09

I am admired and famous :rofl:

5 Likes

That’s actually done with help of framework. I already initiated the redesign in Angular. But sadly, I had to stop the work, due to some reasons. I will try to resume it as soon as I feel better.

Gitlab would be actually nice. You can find Gitlab links here

4 Likes

References[edit]

1. ^ https://www.garudalinux.org/
  2. ^ Garuda Linux ¡ GitLab
  3. ^ Arch-based distributions - ArchWiki
  4. ^ DistroWatch.com: Garuda Linux
  5. ^ Garuda Linux | Download
  6. ^ About - Calamares
  7. ^ Garuda Linux download | SourceForge.net
  8. ^ librewish ¡ GitLab
  9. ^ SGS / Wallpaper ¡ GitLab
  10. ^ ThaBigGuy ¡ GitLab
  11. ^ dr460nf1r3 ¡ GitLab
  12. ^ Yorper ¡ GitLab
  13. ^ Naman Garg ¡ GitLab
  14. ^ Rohit Singh ¡ GitLab
  15. ^ TNE ¡ GitLab
  16. ^ README.md ¡ master ¡ Garuda Linux / Websites / garuda ¡ GitLab
4 Likes

That's a lot of sources, thanks, but a lot of them are about the developers (GitLab). Wikipedia might think your trying to promote yourself so I have to look for some online papers and cite them.

1 Like

I don't know if its fine to use this as source since its written by me (and not complete yet), but maybe it helps? :thinking:

3 Likes

I'll read your article, if there is any information I can use then I'll include your website in the references section.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.