Garuda Linux "Serpent Eagle" (210101)

If you can provide the log output of the failed services rather than just the error messages then that could be useful.

2 Likes

@dr460nf1r3 the update assistant errors out on system-config-samba

1 Like

As long as you have a working internet connection logs can be uploaded from an unbootable system at the terminal. There are vey few instances where logs or commands actually have no alternative but to be posted as a picture.

Textual outputs are always preferred. Garuda is not Facebook. Regardless of if posting a pic is easier, you will have far less likelihood of finding a solution if you insist on posting pics.

1 Like

Thanks, will be fixed asap! :pray:
Edit: added to Chaotic-AUR

2 Likes

Morning I have the latest version of
Garuda KDE Dr460nized installed (Sperate HDD So manual installation chosen and now I can access the logs still the Calamaris has filed, I should now upload via Pastebin or where should I send this Send or send.or should I post the logs in the forum, that's my question, because yes The moderator has already deleted the images I have posted

It has been said many times that pictures dont actually help debugging the issue. We have a pastebin service dedicated to such things where longer logs should be uploaded. Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi thanks for the feedback just uploaded it via pastebin, logs from Calamaris and Pacman

1 Like

Using virtual machine is not recommended. Why? The Xfce (garuda-xfce-linux-tkg-bmq-210107)
seems to be working.
During install Swap (no hibernate) option is missing.

Did you read the download page’s recommendations before you downloaded the ISO?

3 Likes

Yes I read that "Installing on virtual machines is not recommended as it might result in a bad experience."
Why? It does not appear to result in a bad experience for me. That was why I asked the question. Some people are reluctant to do a real install without testing in VirtualBox first.

You can still do a virtual install if you want, but Garuda is optimized for installation to bare metal and the experience in a virtual machine may be suboptimal for some. Just because you did not have poor results does not mean that is the case for everyone. We had to include that disclaimer because some people, (including some reviewers) complained Garuda ran terribly on their system. In fact Garuda was just fine, it was that they'd installed it in a VM, (which is not what Garuda is optimized for). That is why we had to advise people they might not have the best results, as some were complaining Garuda ran very poorly.

I'm not sure why I need to explain this, obviously we would not post that advisory if there was not anecdotal evidence that running in a VM could lead to poor results. Hopefully that answers your query sufficiently for you now,

3 Likes

Thanks I thought there might be a technical answer, like that the default filesystem was incompatible. I still use ext 4 most of the time.

or just change the default column width of your terminal window....it's just not wide enough to accomodate the line, that's all....

You mean you DON'T spend your time sitting around thinking up baseless warnings and advisories just for the hell of it?? :crazy_face: Some folks just don't do a great job of reading between the lines :eyes: :man_facepalming: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I wonder when the next relese will be.
most likly same day kde 5.21 is relesed
Name idea Bald eagle

How’s about “ill eagle.” :wink:

1 Like

Eagles from India first.

3 Likes

I just saw the new wallpaper leak on lxqt-kwin download looks nice.

Thank you.

I guess this means the new release is almost done. Can't wait